• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Question reply an email I don't have idea

Today, I have received an email from a management person. She is asking me to provide more information for a case I don't really know (probably handled by other guys). I replied the email below.

Hi xxx,

Sorry that I don't have much information for the case you mentioned below. The case was handled by yyy I believe. I have emailed her manager to collect more information. Will keep you update.

Regards / Bebe.

The email is more like a translation from Chinese. Did I have any grammar mistake? Any comments are welcome. Thanks everyone.

2. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: reply an email I don't have idea

Quote Originally Posted by bebeboy View Post
    Today, I have received an email from a management person staff. She is asking me to provide more information for a case I don't really know (probably handled by other guys). I replied the email below.

Hi xxx,

I am sorry that I don't have much information for the case you mentioned below. The case was handled by yyy I believe. I have emailed her manager to collect more information. I' ll keep you updated.

Regards / Bebe.

The email is more like a translation from Chinese. Did Have I made any grammar mistake? Any comments are welcome. Thanks everyone.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: reply an email I don't have idea

Aside from the language corrections shown above, I would suggest that instead of contacting yyy's manager to collect more information and offering to keep xxx updated, you say "I have forwarded your email to yyy/yyy's manager as they will need to deal with this from now on".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.