• Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

does the sentence make sense

Hello everybody!

Does this sentence make sense:
    Is any "ordinary" paint available to flush the equipment after application (e.g. alkyd or acrylic)?
    Context
    Clean THINNER 08080 should be flushed through the pump and lines immediately after application of HEMPASIL/HEMPAGUARD® products.

IMPORTANT: Thorough cleaning of spray equipment is necessary if the next paint to be applied in non-silicone based.
    7) In the event that sagging/running/sliding occurs, are brushes and thinner available to repair. Brush dipped in 0808 thinner should be used to brush out the defect.

8) Is any "ordinary" paint available to flush the equipment after application (e.g. alkyd or acrylic)
    What do you think?
    Thank you.

J&K Tutoring Guest

Re: does the sentence make sense

There are important technical aspects of this post that make it difficult for English teachers to give the best advice. You should consult an expert on the products and process before tackling the grammar.

That said, I'm pretty sure you are asking if Is any "ordinary" paint available to flush the equipment after application (e.g. alkyd or acrylic)? makes sense.

Grammatically, yes. It's a simple question sentence with a subject, a tense-carrying verb, and final punctuation. But I suspect that's not really what you want to know.

From a technical standpoint, no- it doesn't make sense to me to flush paint spraying (or other types of applicators) equipment with paint. The second sentence, specifying the use of a thinner to flush equipment, makes a lot more sense. This leaves me wondering if that first sentence is a (poor) translation.