Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello!

I'd really appreciate it if someone could correct this writing task for me. Thank you in advance!

A look into the dark side

It’s certainly one of the most high-rated albums by the critics and probably the best work Pink Floyd has ever made. I’m talking about “The Dark Side of the Moon”, an album released in the 70’s that has become a great influence to the modern music.

One way of experiencing this album could be by sitting in the sofa, relaxing and letting yourself go through the sound of the music. Although it contains some catchy hits such as “Money” or “Time” it’s, in my opinion, an album of contemplation. I’d recommend to listen to it over and over again, so as to grasp a deeper comprehension of its meaning.

As one can already guess, one of its main assets relies on the lyrics. Some of the songs give an insight on getting old, avarice or mental illness. They might be tough topics, but Pink Floyd approaches them in such a way that you’re still left with a bittersweet feeling, maybe more positive that downer.

Another thing you should take into account when playing the record is to listen to the solos. These include guitar, saxophone and even voice solos. All of them are so outstanding that I’m sure they’ll take your breath away.

To sum up, “Dark Side of the Moon” it’s an album which one can never get tired of. Each and every one of the songs are unique and different from the rest. If you haven’t discovered it yet, don’t hesitate to give it a try!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
A look into the dark side

It’s certainly one of the most highly rated albums by the critics and probably the best work Pink Floyd has ever made. I’m talking about “The Dark Side of the Moon”, an album released in the 70’s that has become a great influence [STRIKE]to the[/STRIKE] on modern music.

[STRIKE]One way of experiencing[/STRIKE] To appreciate this album, [STRIKE]could be by[/STRIKE] sit back, [STRIKE]ting in the sofa,[/STRIKE] relax [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] and let [STRIKE]ting[/STRIKE] yourself [STRIKE]go through[/STRIKE] be immersed in the [STRIKE]sound of[/STRIKE] words and the music. Although it contains some catchy hits such as “Money” or “Time”, it’s, in my opinion, an album of contemplation. I’d recommend [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] listening to it over and over again, so as to grasp a deeper comprehension of its meaning.

As [STRIKE]one can[/STRIKE] you may have already gathered, [STRIKE]guess,[/STRIKE] one of [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] the album's main features [STRIKE]assets relies on[/STRIKE] are the lyrics. Some of the songs give an insight [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] into getting old, avarice [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] and mental illness. They might be tough topics, but Pink Floyd approaches them in such a way that you’re still left with a bittersweet feeling, maybe more positive [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] than melancholic. [STRIKE]downer.[/STRIKE]

Another thing you should take [STRIKE]into account when playing the record is to listen to[/STRIKE] special note of are the solos. These include guitar, saxophone and even voice solos. All of them are so outstanding that I’m sure they’ll take your breath away.

To sum up, “The Dark Side of the Moon” [STRIKE]it’s[/STRIKE] is an album which one can never get tired of. Each and every one of the songs [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is unique and different from the rest. If you haven’t discovered it yet, don’t hesitate to give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.