• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

give you this nub to your eye

What does "nub" mean here? A bullet? Plus, what does A, B mean? Simply refer to Point One and Point Two?

--------------------
    Participants gathered at the scene of the shooting to comfort relatives and neighbors. On Sunday morning, Bridgeford took to Facebook to ensure Baltimore residents the "ceasefire has NOT ended."

"If you are going to run around here acting defeated, A. Part of me wants to give you this nub to your eye, and then, to hug you, and B. You are not ready for this revolution. It's fine. But please sit down & quiet yourself. Stop panicking out loud. Find a corner & watch us keep GETTING THIS WORK," Bridgeford wrote on her Facebook page.

Source

GoodTaste is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: give you this nub to your eye

I guess that the speaker showed her contradictory mood: part of her wants to hurt you, part of her wants to embrace you. Just a guess.

Lynxear is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: give you this nub to your eye

Quote Originally Posted by GoodTaste View Post
    I guess that the speaker showed her contradictory mood: part of her wants to hurt you, part of her wants to embrace you. Just a guess.
    I don't think you are too far off the mark. But I have never seen "nub" used in this fashion.

Perhaps this is some kind of "ghetto slang".

Well I checked and it seems there is a reference there"

URL: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nub

NUB

One who sucks at a particular video game, they are not new to the game, but possess some determent that prevents them from playing well, no matter how long they practice playing the game.
    This almost makes sense. The scene in Baltimore where tensions are high and there was an attempt by activists to have a "cease fire" for the weekend. The activist is probably comparing the situation in Baltimore to a video game. The activist is responding to the failure of a cease fire they had planned.

These people using guns are spoiling the plan of this activist and others. In other words, They are not playing the game right. They are "nubs" to her.

The A and B are just two ideas showing her feelings on the matter.

That is the best I can do. This language is not something I really understand.
    Experience is recognizing a mistake the second time you make it.
    You don't go to an Englishman when you want good pierogi.

- Wisdom from my father