• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Lebanon
      • Current Location:
      • Lebanon

Need some langulage correction

Dear all
    I wrote this paragraph as part of some work but not sure if it is completely written nicely and correct

"When respondents were asked, " are you willing to pay a certain amount of money as official fees for safe and clean water", 79.6 % of respondents answered "yes". One can read the reasons behind this percentage; since 81% of the respondents are currently purchasing water, it would not be an issue for them to pay a certain amount of money for more sustainable and healthier water"

Hope to hear from you
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 08-Aug-2017 at 16:00. Reason: Changed font to black

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Need some langulage correction

Quote Originally Posted by Bashir2017 View Post
    Dear all
    I wrote this paragraph as part of some a longer piece of work but I'm not sure if it is completely written nicely and correctly.

When respondents were asked (no comma here) "Are you willing to pay a certain amount of money as in official fees for safe and clean water?", 79.6% of respondents answered "Yes". One can read infer the reasons behind this percentage; since 81% of the respondents are currently already purchasing paying for water, it would not be an issue for them to pay a certain amount of money extra for more sustainable and healthier water.

Hope to hear from you.
    See my suggested changes above. The respondents were asked about "clean and safe water". At the end, you said they wouldn't mind paying for "more sustainable and healthier water". "Clean and safe" can be covered by "healthier" but "sustainable" doesn't seem to refer to the original question.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.