Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help me improve the following letter. Thank you very much.

I have been working in this company for six years (first as the assistant manager of Planning Department from May 2011 to September 2015 while the manager of Marketing Department from September 2015 to August 2017). I truly love working here and enjoy being with all my colleagues who have been very professional and helpful.

However, I was unfortunately diagnosed with lung cancer in April 2017. Even though I underwent surgery and subsequent treatments in April 2017, I was advised by my doctor to try to resume work duties in September 2017 after a five-month-long sick leave. However, I am afraid that my current physical and mental capacities could not manage the present challenging workloads and produce as much quality services to the company as I used to before this illness.

For the best interests of the company and my health, I, after careful consideration, would like to apply to be transferred to a work post in the countryside office on compassionate ground, where is close to my home while the work requirements are more within my capabilities and above all, the countryside environment is good for my rehabilitation to avoid cancer recurrence in the near future.

I wish you could take my current physical and mental conditions into consideration to sanction my request and make suitable arrangement accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. If you need more information when considering my requisition, please feel free to contact me at 12345678. Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,

Billy

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please help me improve the following letter. Thank you very much.

I have been working in this company for six years (first as the assistant manager of the Planning Department from May 2011 to September 2015, [STRIKE]while[/STRIKE] and then as the manager of the Marketing Department from September 2015 to August 2017). I truly love working here and enjoy being with all my colleagues who have been very professional and supportive. [STRIKE]helpful.[/STRIKE]

However, I was unfortunately diagnosed with lung cancer in April 2017. Even though I underwent surgery and subsequent treatments in April 2017, I was advised by my doctor to try to resume work duties in September 2017 after a five-month-long sick leave. However, I am afraid that my current physical and mental [STRIKE]capacities could[/STRIKE] abilities are not quite up to [STRIKE]manage the present[/STRIKE] handling the challenging workload, and [STRIKE]produce as much quality services[/STRIKE] I don't think I'd be as productive in my current role [STRIKE]to the company[/STRIKE] as I used to be before this illness.

For the best interests of the company and my health, and after careful consideration, I would like to apply to be transferred to a work post in the countryside office on compassionate ground, where it is close to my home while the work requirements are more within my capabilities and above all, the countryside environment [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] would be good for my rehabilitation and to avoid cancer recurrence in the near future.

I wish you [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can take my current [STRIKE]physical and mental conditions[/STRIKE] circumstances into consideration to sanction my request and make suitable arrangements accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. If you need more information [STRIKE]when considering[/STRIKE] regarding my request, [STRIKE]requisition,[/STRIKE] please feel free to contact me at 12345678. Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Billy
Get well soon, and it's good to see you on the forum again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.