• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

suggestion and feedback (email)

I got an email from HR asking for convient dates for interview . I replied her with suitable dates for interview but, its been a week and I didn’t heard anything form her, I was just wondering how to follow up and write an effective email to ask for the schedule about the intreview.

Here what I have written, I would be greatful for any suggestion and feedback

Dear HR,
    I am writing to ask whether there are any updates about the interview schedule? I am very interested in the position and look forward to an interview with XYZ. As I mentioned in my previous email, next week Tuesday (Aug 22) and Wednesday (Aug 23) or any day after Sunday (Aug 28) works for me.

Please let me know if any of those times work for your interviewers, and if not, I’d be happy to find a time that is convenient for interview panel.

I look forward to hearing from you
    Last edited by ganadhar; 16-Aug-2017 at 14:13.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: suggestion and feedback (email)

Quote Originally Posted by ganadhar View Post
    I got an email from a lady in/at/from HR asking for convenient dates for an interview. I replied to her with suitable dates for an interview but (no comma here) it's been a week and I didn’t haven't heard anything form from her. I was just wondering how to follow up and write an effective email to ask for the schedule an update about the intreview interview.

Here is what I have written. I would be greatful grateful for any suggestions and feedback.

Dear HR, [use the name of the person who contacted you]

Re: Interview for [position]

I am writing to ask whether there are any updates about the interview schedule. I am very interested in the position and look forward to an interview with XYZ. As I mentioned in my previous email, next week Tuesday, August 22nd, and Wednesday, August 23rd, or any day after Sunday, August 28​th works would work for me.

Please let me know if any of those times ​dates work are convenient for your interviewers. and If not, I’d be happy to find a time that is convenient for the interview panel.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    See above. If you don't have a name to use at the start then you can't begin with "Dear". I'd start with "Good morning/Good afternoon".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.