• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

The interviewer: Okay, so there is a two years gap between your previous working spel

There is a person called Jorge who was ill for a long time (for two years) and wasn't working. If Jorge goes for the interview after two years and tell the interviewer about his situation then what would the interviewer say?

Here is a piece of conversation between these two:

The interviewer: You haven't worked in two years. You have prior experience though.

Jorge: Yes, because I was very ill and couldn't work.

The interviewer: Okay, so there is a two years gap between your previous working spell (which was 2 years) and current one.

Please check my sentences.

cameron206 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Re: The interviewer: Okay, so there is a two years gap between your previous working

i am not a teacher.
    But this is what I would say.
    -----------------

There is a person called Jorge who was ill for a long time (for two years) and wasn't working. If Jorge goes for the an interview after two years and tells the interviewer about his situation, then what would the interviewer say?

Here is a piece of conversation between these two:

The interviewer: I see yYou haven't worked in two years. You have prior experience though.

Jorge: Yes,. because I was very ill and couldn't work. But I am fully recovered now!

The interviewer: Okay, so there is was a two years gap between your previous employment working spell (which was 2 years) and now. current one.

Jorge, thinking to himself:
    How strange. We just talked about that. Why is he bringing it up again?

-----------------
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 29-Aug-2017 at 11:08. Reason: Fixed typo

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: The interviewer: Okay, so there is a two years gap between your previous working

Note that it's "a two-year gap", not "a two years gap".

Tufguy, please stop introducing people with "There is a person who ..." and "I have a friend who has a friend called ...". You could just have started with thread with "Jorge was ill for a long time ...".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.