Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. jjjfgjgh

    I need just one word! (Glaciology - Geography - pretty hard!))

    Can you tell me what is the english name of a type of periglacial lake that's formed in front of a glacier as a result of staunching the natural low tide of glacier water?

  2. Mister Micawber's Avatar
    Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Sep 2004
    • Posts: 1,857

    Re: I need just one word! (Glaciology - Geography - pretty hard!))

    I cannot find on line any reference more specific than 'periglacial lake' followed by a phrase descriptive of its origin.

Similar Threads

  1. The meaning with no word . . .
    By ScaryEders in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-May-2009, 07:15
  2. The misused word--absolute
    By pljames in forum Text Analysis and Statistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-Dec-2007, 23:19


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts