• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

You remain in touch with your friends from a company when it has been a few or moths

You remain in touch with your friends from a company (can we say a friend from a company?) when it has been a few or moths since you left that company (this sentence doesn't seem correct). As the time passes away your frequency of having a word over the phone with them decreases. Slowly you stop talking to each other.

Can we say "Initially right after leaving a company you remain in touch with the people you had good relations with while working there"?

emsr2d2 is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: You remain in touch with your friends from a company when it has been a few or mo

When you first leave a company, you tend to stay in touch with the people you liked when you worked there.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

tufguy is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: You remain in touch with your friends from a company when it has been a few or mo

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    When you first leave a company, you tend to stay in touch with the people you liked when you worked there.
    I want to say it happens for the first few days or weeks. As the time passes you drift apart and stop talking to them. I don't know what is the correct way to express this idea.

emsr2d2 is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

For a while, after I leave a company, I stay in touch with the people I got on with. After a few weeks, though, contact becomes less frequent and eventually drops off completely.

I've written another suggestion above. I have changed "you" to "I" because you can't make sweeping generalisations about how other people behave when they leave a company. I have written it so that it's clear the speaker/writer is talking only about their own habits.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.