• Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Synonym for "Knowledge item"

Dear all,

I am currently writing my dissertation, and I am looking for a synonym of the term "knowledge item".

Some context: I have conducted a systematic review of academic and non-academic knowledge. As my review is not limited to "academic" search engines, I have identified not only peer-reviewed "articles", but also many other sources of knowledge, such as company web pages, company brochures, news paper articles, industry magazine articles etc.

I am looking for an overarching term to refer to any of these different items/ pieces of knowledge. Currently, I am using "knowledge item". I was considering "knowledge fragment" and "knowledge piece", but was not truly convinced.

I want to use the term in a manner like this: "40% of knowledge items say..."

As I am not a native speaker, I was wondering whether somebody else could come up with a better alternative.

I highly appreciate your support!

Many thanks & cheers
    Fredenstein

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Synonym for "Knowledge item"

Hello Fredenstein, and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredenstein View Post
    but also many other sources of knowledge, such as company web pages, company brochures, newspaper articles, industry magazine articles etc.
    I'm wondering if "sources of information" might be more accurate than "sources of knowledge."