• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Iíve decided to write you this thank-you letter ...

Iíve decided to write you this thank-you letter for all the beautiful things you have done for me. I feel that you have been providing extensive and useful personal advice for several years, and I still live by your wise words. Life is, at some point, very challenging. But, of course, with your generous support and guidance I would navigate through its challenges. You really are a very good, supportive, conscientious and courteous. And (certainly) you will continue to be the very sweet, gentleman and effective motivation that you have always been. Thank you for taking your time to help me resolve a number of my problems. Your care and encouragement have made all the difference, and is thus you must take full credit.

Would you check my English?

emsr2d2 is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Iíve decided to write you this thank-you letter ...

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa Dawn View Post
    Iíve I decided to write you this thank-you letter to thank you for all the beautiful things you have done for me. I feel that You have been providing me with extensive and useful personal advice for several years, and I still live by your wise words. Life is (no comma here) at some point, sometimes very challenging but, of course, with your generous support and guidance I would will navigate through its those challenges. You really are a very good, supportive, conscientious and courteous person/man/woman/teacher/friend. And (certainly) You will continue to be the very sweet, gentle man and effective motivation that you have always been. Thank you for taking your time to help me resolve a number of my problems. Your care and encouragement have made all the difference, and is thus you must take full credit.

Would you check my English?
    See above.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

tedmc is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: Iíve decided to write you this thank-you letter ...

How about:

You will continue to be the very sweet gentleman and effective motivator(two descriptions of a person rather than a virtue, consistent with the preceding sentence) that you have always been?
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.