• English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

Yu-Qin Building

I wrote the audio campus tour guidance as following. Please help me make it sound natural. Thanks a lot.

While strolling along the sidewalk of campus to the southeast corner ramp, come into view the Yu-Qin Building, an eye-catching, imposing, vermilion-colored construction. It features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture with round house. It blends the beauty of Hakkanese history and construction, revealing the Hakkanese cultural traits, symbolizing the Hakkanese spirit of dogged perseverance and the stubbornness and insistence on the principle of doing the right thing, , and implicating the Hakkanese culture is sustained by passing on from generation to generation.
    (Music background: Somewhere belongs to me)

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Yu-Qin Building

Quote Originally Posted by contiluo View Post
    I wrote the audio campus tour guidance as following. Please help me make it sound natural. Thanks a lot.

While strolling along the sidewalk of campus to the southeast corner ramp, come into view the Yu-Qin Building, an eye-catching, imposing, vermilion-colored construction. It features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture with round house. It blends the beauty of Hakkanese history and construction, revealing the Hakkanese cultural traits, symbolizing the Hakkanese spirit of dogged perseverance and the stubbornness and insistence on the principle of doing the right thing, , and implicating the Hakkanese culture is sustained by passing on from generation to generation.
    (Music background: Somewhere belongs to me)
    I don't understand the parts in blue.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I think it's probably the "campus tour audio guide".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

contiluo is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

I rewrote the campus tour audio guide as follows. Please help me make it sound natural. Thanks a lot.

While strolling around the campus, you will pass a ramp on the southeast side. There you will see the Yu-Qin Building, an imposing and eye catching vermilion-colored building with a round shaped corner wall. This building features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture. It is a blend of Hakkanese history and the beauty of Hakkanese construction that reveals the Hakkanese cultural traits, symbolizing the Hakkanese spirit’s dogged perseverance and tenacity insisting on always “doing the right thing,” and implying that the Hakkanese culture has many rich and varied elements that have been passed down from generation to generation.
    (Background music: Somewhere belongs to me)
    Last edited by contiluo; 14-Sep-2017 at 11:09.

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by contiluo View Post
    While strolling As you stroll around the campus, you will pass a ramp on the southeast side. There, you will see the Yu-Qin Building, an imposing and eye-catching vermilion-colored building with a round-shaped corner wall. This building features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture. It is a blend reflection of Hakkanese history and the beauty of Hakkanese construction that reveals the embodies Hakkanese cultural traits. It also symbolizes ing the Hakkanese spirit of dogged perseverance and tenacity, insisting on always “doing the right thing,” and implying that the Hakkanese culture has many rich and varied elements that have been passed down from one generation to the next. generation.
    (Background music: Somewhere Belongs to Me)