• Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

IELTS GT Writing Task 1

Hello, everyone!

I'm practicing to write letters for the IELTS exam and I would appreciate it if you could check my writing task. Task:

You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for some help.

Write a letter to this friend. In your letter

- give details of your study plans
    - explain why you want to get a part-time job
    - suggest how your friend could help you find a job

Dear John,

I hope you're well, I'm writing to ask for your help to find some job for me as I'm going to study in your country.

A week ago I was informed that I'd passed exams of your local university and now I can apply for study course. My main subject will be Marketing Relationships and the course will start very soon. Also I've already found an accomodation for the first time. However, I couldn't find any job opportunity for students from abroad.

The thing I have to do some job is to save my family budget. Plane tickets wasn't the cheapest and also I have to pay for my apartment I've chosen to stay in. So, that is the thing which I need you to help with.

Unfortunately, seeking job by the Internet I haven't got a success. Perhaps, you could ask some local shops for the student job. I can do everything they need but only after my study hours. I would be really thankful if you help me.

Take care and write back soon.

Best wishes,

Dima

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: IELTS GT Writing Task 1

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Hello, everyone!

I'm practicing to write writing letters for the IELTS exam and I would appreciate it if you could check my writing task.

Task: You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for some help.

Write a letter to this friend. In your letter

- give details of your study plans
    - explain why you want to get a part-time job
    - suggest how your friend could help you find a job

Dear John,

I hope you're well. I'm writing to ask for your help to find in finding me some a part-time job for me as I'm going to study in your country [name of country].

A week ago, I was informed that I'd passed the entrance exams of for your local university and now I can apply I've been given a place for on a study course. My main subject will be Marketing Relationships and the course will start very soon. Also I've already found an accommodation. for the first time. However, I couldn't find haven't found any job opportunites for students from abroad.

The thing I have to do some job is get a job to save help my family's budget. The plane tickets wasn't weren't the cheapest cheap and also I have to pay rent for my the apartment. I've chosen to stay in. So, that is the thing which I need your to help with finding a job.

Unfortunately, seeking looking for a job by the internet I haven't got a hasn't been successful. you Could you ask at/in some local shops for the to see if they have any student part-time jobs for a student? I can do everything anything they need but I can work only after my study hours I finish studying every day. I would be really thankful grateful if you would help me.

Take care and write back soon.

Best wishes,

Dima
    See above.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.