Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello, everyone!

I'm practicing to write letters for the IELTS exam and I would appreciate it if you could check my writing task. Task:

You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for some help.

Write a letter to this friend. In your letter

- give details of your study plans
- explain why you want to get a part-time job
- suggest how your friend could help you find a job

Dear John,

I hope you're well, I'm writing to ask for your help to find some job for me as I'm going to study in your country.

A week ago I was informed that I'd passed exams of your local university and now I can apply for study course. My main subject will be Marketing Relationships and the course will start very soon. Also I've already found an accomodation for the first time. However, I couldn't find any job opportunity for students from abroad.

The thing I have to do some job is to save my family budget. Plane tickets wasn't the cheapest and also I have to pay for my apartment I've chosen to stay in. So, that is the thing which I need you to help with.

Unfortunately, seeking job by the Internet I haven't got a success. Perhaps, you could ask some local shops for the student job. I can do everything they need but only after my study hours. I would be really thankful if you help me.

Take care and write back soon.

Best wishes,

Dima

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, everyone!

I'm practicing [STRIKE]to write[/STRIKE] writing letters for the IELTS exam and I would appreciate it if you could check my writing task.

Task: You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for some help.

Write a letter to this friend. In your letter

- give details of your study plans
- explain why you want to get a part-time job
- suggest how your friend could help you find a job

Dear John,

I hope you're well. I'm writing to ask for your help [STRIKE]to find[/STRIKE] in finding me [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] a part-time job [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] as I'm going to study in [STRIKE]your country[/STRIKE] [name of country].

A week ago, I was informed that I'd passed the entrance exams [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for your local university and [STRIKE]now I can apply[/STRIKE] I've been given a place [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] on a [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] course. My main subject will be Marketing Relationships and the course will start very soon. [STRIKE]Also[/STRIKE] I've already found [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] accommodation. [STRIKE]for the first time.[/STRIKE] However, I [STRIKE]couldn't find[/STRIKE] haven't found any job opportunites for students from abroad.

[STRIKE]The thing[/STRIKE] I have to [STRIKE]do some job[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] get a job to [STRIKE]save[/STRIKE] help my family's budget. The plane tickets [STRIKE]wasn't[/STRIKE] weren't [STRIKE]the cheapest[/STRIKE] cheap and also I have to pay rent for [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the apartment. [STRIKE]I've chosen to stay in.[/STRIKE] So, [STRIKE]that is the thing which[/STRIKE] I need your [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] help with finding a job.

Unfortunately, [STRIKE]seeking[/STRIKE] looking for a job [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] the internet [STRIKE]I haven't got a[/STRIKE] hasn't been successful. [STRIKE] [/STRIKE][STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] Could you ask at/in some local shops [STRIKE]for the[/STRIKE] to see if they have any [STRIKE]student[/STRIKE] part-time jobs for a student? I can do [STRIKE]everything[/STRIKE] anything [STRIKE]they need[/STRIKE] but I can work only after [STRIKE]my study hours[/STRIKE] I finish studying every day. I would be really [STRIKE]thankful[/STRIKE] grateful if you would help me.

Take care and write back soon.

Best wishes,

Dima

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.