Best statement

Which one of the following statements is the best reply to a customer complaint about high prices of an item
    A) Your letter of the twelth stated that you didn't likr our price
    B) Your last shipment was priced slightly higher because we've replaced that item with a new, improved model.
    Thanks

Smile Re: Best statement

I think the second is better.
    However, have you sent a quotation of new ( increased ) price to your custommer yet?
    If your custommer received this, so the seceond statament is ok. Anyone has better idea?

Re: Best statement

Neither are very good at all. THANKS should never be used in a formal letter.

Try to think on the customer's side when you write a letter. For instance...

I am very sorry that you found our last price unacceptable. (or don't you really care?)

Then offer a reasonable excuse ..... (If you have one?)

We've replaced that model for .... IS IN NO WAY ACCEPTABLE .... you mean you replaced something a customer ordered without telling them, and now, you want to charge more..... NO CHANCE.

When are you guys going to become customer friendly?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Wales
      • Current Location:
      • Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by candice48
    Which one of the following statements is the best reply to a customer complaint about high prices of an item
    A) Your letter of the twelth stated that you didn't likr our price
    B) Your last shipment was priced slightly higher because we've replaced that item with a new, improved model.
    Thanks
    The second sentence is much better and, apart from the thanks, is perfectly acceptable for a business letter - regardless of the previous post and it's somewhat critical tone.

Question please help me

i joined a member of ESL.

so i dont know how to use this.
    for example,
    i want to see answer of my qustions.
    where i search please tell me...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

"Thank you" is always appropriate, whether in a formal business letter or in causual conversation. I think the "thanks" in the original post was the poster's advance appreciation to whomever helped him out here.

Has your customer already contacted you regarding the higher price?

Thank you for your letter of ____________. The model number X456X Widget has recently been discontinued and replaced by the X456Y, which has several new features not included on the original model.

It appears that you did not receive our letter (or fax or email) of _______________ advising you of the model change and price increase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

If you did not advise the customer in advance that the model had changed and the price was going up, you can always pretend that an announcement had gone out and the customer apparently didn't receive it. But if the customer had sent you a purchase order for an item at a specific price, you really shouldn't send a different item without confirming the change with them first.