Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Bad English Guy is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    I started a new blog today for improving my writing English.
    I use Grammarly to fix typos but I know there is still a lot of errors.


    Let's check this (first part of the blog post:

    ------

    As you will see, I'm not that most skillfully person what comes to use the English language.
    But how much it matters? It does not matter at all because I'm pretty sure you will understand almost 100% about that what I'm talking about here.

    I have already studied English in school for more than 10 years. But guess what, I wasn't capable to speak English. It was impossible to handle everyday situations with my language skills what comes from the school. I realized that when I lived in London for 1 month, it was one of the most terrible situations in my life, I was lonely for that. And I was so disappointed because I was sure I can be comfortable there because I was studied English for 10+ years - I was so wrong.

    ---------


    Please fix this text. I know this is very simple English. So feel free to rewrite this in more personally context if you want. Thank you very much.

  2. #2
    tedmc is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,880

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad English Guy View Post
    I started a new blog today for improving my writing written English.
    I use Grammarly to fix typos but I know there is are still a lot of errors.


    Let's check this (first part of the blog post:

    ------

    As you will see, I'm not that most skillfully person competent what when it comes to use using the English language.
    But how much does it matters? It does not matter at all because I'm pretty sure you will understand almost 100% about that of what I'm talking about here.

    I have already studied English in school for more than 10 years. But guess what, I wasn't capable to speak of speaking English. It was impossible to handle everyday situations with my language skills what which comes I learned from the school. I realized that when I lived in London for 1 month, it was one of the most terrible situations in my life, I was lonely for that. And I was so disappointed because I was sure I can could be comfortable there because I was had studied English for 10+ years - I was so wrong.

    ---------


    Please fix this text. I know this is very simple English. So feel free to rewrite this in more personally context if you want. Thank you very much.
    .
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

  3. #3
    Bad English Guy is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Wow. I didn't realise how much different it would be. I learned so much more by that rewritten text. Thanx.

    I just wrote second part:


    What was the reason I didn't can to speak English? 10+ years of studying is a long time, so am I so stupid I can't learn? No. Let me tell what was the reason - low confidence of speaking a foreign language. In school, you hear how many mistakes you've made. You need to take tests from time to time, and if you fail - you get punished. Do you think this would be very motivating territory for learning? In school, you concentrate about that how you say, not what you need to say. In the real world, only thing what matters is that your speaking partner can understand what do you say. This thing will relief you, it's scientifically fact that our communications are based on 93% HOW we say, and only 7% of WHAT we say. So I think the main secret to be a fluent speaker with any languages is that you need to relax. I'm pretty sure you've seen there is no any problem with speaking with foreign language when you are drunk (even your singing skills improve, but maybe you wouldn't have the same opinion on next morning haha). The reason is that you needn't focus that much what other people's think about you, that's why it's so cool to be drunk sometimes, it's for relieving the stress. No need to stress about that if you sound or look stupid. And it is number 1# problem of speaking a foreign language.

  4. #4
    teechar's Avatar
    teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11,438

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad English Guy View Post
    Wow. I didn't realise how much different it would be. I learned so much more by that rewritten from the corrected text. Thanx. Thanks.

    I just wrote the second part:


    What was the reason I didn't can to couldn't speak English fluently? I mean, 10+ years of studying is a long time, so am was I so stupid I can't couldn't learn? No. Let me tell you what was the reason was - low confidence of in speaking a foreign language. In school, you're constantly reminded of hear how many mistakes you've made. You need to take tests from time to time, and if you fail, you get punished. Do you think this would be very motivating territory for learning? In school, you feel under pressure to concentrate about that on how you say something, not what you need to say. In the real world, However in reality, the only thing what that matters is that your speaking partner others can understand what do you say. This thing will relief you, it's The following will come as a bit of a relief. It's been scientifically proven fact that our communications are based on 93% HOW we say something, and only 7% of WHAT we say. So I think the main secret to being a fluent speaker with in any language is that you need to relax. I'm pretty sure you've seen noticed/observed how there is usually no any problem with speaking with a foreign language when you are drunk (even your singing skills improve, but maybe you wouldn't have the same opinion on the next morning, haha). The reason is that when you're drunk, you needn't focus don't pay that much attention to what other people think about you, and that's why it's so cool to be drunk sometimes. it's for relieving the It helps relieve stress. No need to stress about that if you sound or look stupid. And it is number 1# problem of speaking a foreign language.
    I don't understand the text in blue.

  5. #5
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61,237

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad English Guy View Post
    I started a new blog today for improving to improve my writing written English.
    I use Grammarly to fix typos but I know there is are still a lot of errors.


    Let's Please check this: (first part of the blog post

    Please fix this text. I know this is very simple English (no full stop here) so feel free to rewrite this it in more personally context if you want.
    See above. I don't understand the underlined part.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  6. #6
    Bad English Guy is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    I don't understand the text in blue.


    I trying to tell it is the biggest problem in speaking a foreign language that you think about you look or sound stupid. There is no reason for stressing about that if you sound or look stupid.

  7. #7
    Bad English Guy is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    See above. I don't understand the underlined part.
    Means feel free to rewrite my text to be a more personal. My written English is very simple and it's boring because I can't be creative enough to write more readable text.

  8. #8
    tedmc is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,880

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    The biggest hang-up which learners of a foreign language may have is not having the courage to speak the language for fear of making mistakes and thought of as being stupid.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

  9. #9
    Bad English Guy is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Thank you very much.

    This topic has helped me a lot of realizing my mistakes.


    And here is my third and last part of this blog post. Still, need help with this.




    So, in my point of view, relaxation is in the main part of learning languages. Even if you know only a little bit in your target language, you will handle that very well if you just believe yourself and "cheating" your subconscious mind to believe that you are good at it.
    Once I tried to studying 10 languages at the same time. And yes, nothing good happened. The key part is the motivation. You can search on google what motivation really means. For me
    , motivation is that when you can see your results and realize that at real-time how you improve. You can achieve every goal if you just forget your goals and turn the focus on that what you need to do for achieving your goals and be present and enjoy in your learning process. I have been frustrating so f**** much about goal setting. Very rarely I haven't achieved those goals because I wasn't present. It'll makes you very impatient when you see only your goals, but not that what do you need to do for that. So be vary, this video totally changed my life: [youtube link]


    So what is my recommendation to use language as fast as possible? I will say, learn it in theory for 20 hours. And then, just start to use that. Write and speak, read and listen.
    The only way to improve your language skill is just START to use that. Make so many mistakes as possible you ever can, it's the only way to learn. Like riding a cycle, first you fell a couple of times, and once you have learned that, you can remember that for your rest of your life.



    Did you see this article helpful? Share your thoughts in the comment section and tell us about your language learning path. If you are interested to find language speaking partners and cheap private lessons from professional language teachers, join to [website link].

  10. #10
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61,237

    Re: My first blog post for my new travel and language learning blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad English Guy View Post
    Thank you very much.

    This topic thread has helped me understand and recognise a lot of realizing my mistakes. And Here is my the third and last part of this my blog post. I still (no comma here) need help with this.


    So, in my point of view opinion, relaxation is in the an main part important factor of in learning languages. Even if you know only a little bit in of your target language, you will handle that very well if you just believe in yourself and "cheating" "cheat" your subconscious mind into believe believing that you are good at it.
    Once, I tried to studying study 10 ten languages at the same time. And yes, nothing good happened. The key part factor is the motivation. You can search on Google for what motivation really means. For me, motivation is that when you can see your results and realize, that at in real (no hyphen here) time, how much you have improved. You can achieve every all your goals if you just forget your that they're goals and turn the focus on that focus your attention on what you need to do for achieving to achieve your goals them. and Be present and enjoy in your learning process. I have been so frustrating frustrated so f**** much about by goal-setting. Very rarely I haven't Only rarely have I not achieved those goals because I wasn't present. It'll makes you very impatient when if you see only your goals, but not that what do you need to do for that to achieve them. So be vary(this word doesn't make sense here; it's a verb), this video totally changed my life: [youtube link]

    So what is my recommendation to for being able to use a language as fast as possible? I will say (no comma here) learn it in the theory for 20 hours. And then, just start to use that. Write and speak, read and listen. (space after a full stop) The only way to improve your language skills is to just START to use using that them. Make so as many mistakes as possible; you ever can, it's the only way to learn. It's like riding a bicycle - at first you fell fall off, a couple of times, and but once you have learned that mastered it, you can remember that how to do it for your the rest of your life.

    Did you see find this article helpful? Please share your thoughts in the comments section and tell us about your language learning path. If you are interested to in finding language-speaking partners and cheap private lessons from professional language teachers, join to at: [website link].
    See above.

    I strongly suggest you refrain from swearing in your blog, even if you use asterisks in the word. It will make some people think less of you and people who might otherwise have read your blog might ignore it and its advice. And remember that blogs are available to children.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •