Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please correct my letter.
Sir,
I have availed my LFC(leave fare Concession) facility in Jan 2016 and now I am due for encashment of next two years block(2016-18).
Sir, my service sheet was not maintained physically at my previous E-SBM branch. I am having only the soft copy of the service sheet which is maintained in e-SBM nest site and I am enclosing that for your perusal. Based on the information available in my service sheet I request you to give permission to avail the LFC facility.
I declare that the above said statements are correct and I indemnify the sanctioning authority in case of any discrepancies.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is it possible for you to rewrite the above in non-Indian English please?

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It's a official letter. I don't understand what you are saying

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What does it mean non Indian English?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can you rewrite it in a simpler way that's easier to understand?

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Actually in our bank employees are eligible to reimburse the excursion money once in two years. For that they will verify the employees details like last availment date at our service sheet.service sheet contains all our details from the date of joining into the bank. In my case they didn't maintain the service sheet manually. So on the safer side my employer told me to give a indemnity letter.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What is "excursion money"?
What is an "availment date"?
What is a "service sheet"?

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Excursion money:
A employee is permitted to travel some 2000 km within his home country once in two years at the free of cost.the bank will pay the travel expenses for us.Its a benefit
Availment date:
Two years once that kind of facility is eligible and the availment date mentions the last date on which I claimed the travel expenses.
Service sheet:
Its a record of maintaining the employees details like travel expenses reimbursement,leave encashment etc. It will be referred each and every time when an employee is trying to use the facilities eligible for him for verification. The sanctioning authority will check the authenticity and thereafter he will sanction the benefits

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I will rewrite the same in other manner.
Sir,
This is to inform you that I would like to apply for my LFC encashment which fall due in January 2018. But my service sheet was not maintained at my previous branch for the backlog verification. As of now I am having the copy of sanctioned letter given by the competent authority during the last availment for your perusal. Based on the information available in that I request you to permit me to avail the encashment facility and I assure you that I have not used the block again after January 2016. So I request you to give permission for availment and also I irrevocably states that I will indemnify the sanctioning authority if any false statement found above in future.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Excursion money:
[STRIKE]A employee is permitted to travel some 2000 km within his home country once in two years at the free of cost.the bank will pay the[/STRIKE] travel expenses for up to 2000 km of domestic travel within two years. [STRIKE]for us.Its a benefit[/STRIKE]
Availment date:
[STRIKE]Two years once that kind of facility is eligible and the availment date mentions[/STRIKE] the last date on which I claimed the travel expenses.
Service sheet:
[STRIKE]Its[/STRIKE] a record of [STRIKE]maintaining the[/STRIKE] employee details, like travel expenses reimbursement, leave encashment etc. It [STRIKE]will be[/STRIKE] is referred to (for verification) each and every time [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] an employee applies for a facility. [STRIKE]is trying to use the facilities eligible for him for verification.[/STRIKE] The sanctioning authority will check the [STRIKE]authenticity[/STRIKE] records and make the authorization. [STRIKE]thereafter he will sanction the benefits[/STRIKE]

Dear Sir/Madam,

[STRIKE] This is to inform you that[/STRIKE] I would like to apply for my LFC encashment which [STRIKE]fall due[/STRIKE] I will be entitled to in January 2018.

[STRIKE]But[/STRIKE]My service sheet was not properly maintained at my previous branch for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] backlog verification. [STRIKE]As of now I am having the[/STRIKE] However, I have a copy of sanctioned letter given by the competent authority during the last availment for your perusal.
I still don't understand the part in blue, I'm afraid.

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Shall i modify the last line like below?
However I am enclosing copy of the sanction letter issued during the previous claim.
Also please tell me whether the following line is meaningful?
I request you to give permission to avail the facility and also I irrevocably states that I will indemnify the sanctioning authority if any false statement found above in future.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Shall I modify the last line like [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] this?

However, I am enclosing a copy of the sanction letter issued during the previous claim.

Also please tell me whether the following line is meaningful?

I request you to give permission to avail the facility and also I irrevocably states that I will indemnify the sanctioning authority if any false statement found above in future.
I can't make any sense out of that. It sounds like you're trying to sound "legal" or maybe you're just trying to impress someone but it doesn't work. State simply what you are trying to say.

See above.

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yeah my superior told me to give a letter to save him for sanctioning the facility without proper records. So he necessitated to add a line.
Actually that line should give a meaning of "saving him in case of any discrepancies occurs". He needs that word indemnity in that letter. That's why I am asking

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you trying to say something like "If I submit any false claims in the future, I promise to indemnify the company against them"?

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yeah like that only. I should say "the statement which I have given are correct and I undertake to indemnify the bank if anything false occurred because of my claim". That is I am taking the whole responsibility and I will save the bank from any kind of loss if something found false in the claim. The sentence should give this meaning.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Yeah[/STRIKE] Yes. [STRIKE]like that only.[/STRIKE]

Maybe I should say "The statement which I have given [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is correct and I undertake to indemnify the bank [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] against [STRIKE]anything[/STRIKE] any false [STRIKE]occurred because of my[/STRIKE] claims". [STRIKE]That is[/STRIKE] I am taking [STRIKE]the whole[/STRIKE] full responsibility and I will [STRIKE]save[/STRIKE] indemnify the bank [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] against any kind of loss incurred if something [STRIKE]found[/STRIKE] false is found in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my claim. The sentence should give this meaning.

See above.

Wouldn't it be make more sense for you to ensure that you don't submit any false claims in future? I would have thought the bank would already have systems in place to ensure it doesn't lose money if a claim is found to be false.

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yeah but the approver is getting fear to sign without physical records. But it was maintained in the system

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please​ stop starting your responses with "Yeah"!

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Ok...is it sounds bad???may I know the reason please???

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]Ok...is[/STRIKE] Does it sound bad? May I know the reason please?
It's very casual and may be construed as sarcastic. Therefore, it's not really appropriate here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.