• Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Tense: We begin this chapter....We will then explore...

Hello teachers,

Here is the paragraph:

This chapter will engage dance as we begin our exploration through the arts, constructing a pneumatological aesthetics of renewal. As discussed in the previous chapter, the universal outpour motif extends implications of embodiment and community, and dance clearly exemplifies both of these inferences. We begin this chapter by looking at body knowledge as a prelinguistic form of communication. We will then explore the phenomenology of dance and see how this art form is a sophisticated form of bodily communication. Next we will look at liturgical dance to see how dance can be understood theologically in the context of worship, and we will feature a case study of Destiny House’s dance ministry in order to contextualize our findings. Perhaps an evaluation of dance will help us better understand how we can enter into God’s divine dance.

I would like to know whether the usage of future tense (bolded) is OK in this paragraph, or should "will" be removed from these sentences?

I think it is OK, but I am not sure.

Thank you!

Source: SPIRIT OF THE ARTS: Towards a Pneumatological Aesthetics of Renewal, by ​Steven Félix-Jäger

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Tense: We begin this chapter....We will then explore...

The original and your suggested variants are both acceptable.