Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
If you are visually impaired and wear glasses then few exercises can help you to heal this problem or make you stop wearing glasses. I think "make you stop wearing glasses" is not natural at all but I would like to confirm it with you. Is heal a correct word to use here?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Visually impaired means "having a condition which makes it impossible to have normal vision". Although many visually impaired people wear glasses, only a tiny fraction of people who wear glasses are visually impaired.

The natural phrase is correct your vision. However, if few exercises* can help, there's probably not much point in trying.

*This is a hint that you need to review help you've received many times about how to use the word ​few.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Visually impaired means "having a condition which makes it impossible to have normal vision". Although many visually impaired people wear glasses, only a tiny fraction of people who wear glasses are visually impaired.

The natural phrase is correct your vision. However, if few exercises* can help, there's probably not much point in trying.

*This is a hint that you need to review help you've received many times about how to use the word ​few.

If you are visually impaired and wear glasses then a few exercises can help you to heal this problem or make you stop wearing glasses. I think "make you stop wearing glasses" is not natural at all but I would like to confirm it with you. Is heal a correct word to use here?

Sorry, I hate myself. I shouldn't have made this mistake sorry. Actually when I post or write it somewhere else I always use "a few" but I don't know what happens to me when I write it here. Sorry for this mistake.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re-read post #2. I explained why "visually impaired" is wrong, and suggested a more appropriate verb than "heal".

Then you can write a new sentence incorporating these suggestions and post it. Because the new sentence will be significantly different from any previous sentences in the thread, nobody will mind the new post.

Do remember that volunteers are here to help you. They want the process to be reasonably efficient. :)

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Re-read post #2. I explained why "visually impaired" is wrong, and suggested a more appropriate verb than "heal".

Then you can write a new sentence incorporating these suggestions and post it. Because the new sentence will be significantly different from any previous sentences in the thread, nobody will mind the new post.

Do remember that volunteers are here to help you. They want the process to be reasonably efficient. :)

If you are visually impaired and wear glasses then a few exercises can help you to correct your vision or make you stop wearing glasses. I think "make you stop wearing glasses" is not natural at all but I would like to confirm it with you.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Tufguy, this article explains what "visual impairment" means. People whose vision can be corrected with glasses or exercises are not visually impaired.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Tufguy, this article explains what "visual impairment" means. People whose vision can be corrected with glasses or exercises are not visually impaired.

Sorry, but you didn't tell me the correct word. I thought it was wrong because I had used "heal" there. I think we can't say "if you are far sighted or near sighted" there should be a word to say this. Can we say "weak sight"?

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have poor eyesight, so I sometimes wear glasses.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Anyway, tufguy, what makes you think the need to wear glasses can be obviated by a few exercises?

Think of all the opticians you'd put out of business — like the Clearley brothers (Seymour, I C and Luke).

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Anyway, tufguy, what makes you think the need to wear glasses can be obviated by a few exercises?

Think of all the opticians you'd put out of business — like the Clearley brothers (Seymour, I C and Luke).

Yoga.

Status
Not open for further replies.