Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello, I was given a task to write an article about unemployment among young graduates (reasons and results). This is what I came up with.
I would be grateful for any feedback.

TITLE: What will you do "next"? Have you ever asked yourself why it is difficult to find a job after graduating from school or university and what are the consequences of not having one? Sadly, there is a chance that you may be in such a situation in the future as this trend has been continuously growing for the last few years. Are there any reasonable answers to that question? // I don't know if this last sentence fits here, the word limit is 250 and I got 253, so I wouldn't mind deleting it
Broadly speaking, one of the reasons of unemployment among newly graduates is their lack of working experience. Employers prefer to hire well educated and experienced people rather than newly graduated students. They want to have the job done without any complications and this hardly ever happens to someone without a proper training and skills. As a result, many students choose to do a poorly-paid apprenticeship rather than to continue sending countless CVs and going to a thousandth interview.
Most people agree that long-term unemployment has many negative effects on young people. In certain cases, the continuously growing sense of underachievement can lead to a threatening alcohol or drug abuse. Similarly, jobless young people have to cope with financial problems. As a consequence, they cannot afford to move out of their parents' homes and become fully independent people.
All in all, having said how difficult getting started in life for young people can be,
I think it is crucial for them to plan their future in a reasonable way. Because what is obvious is that hardly any of them will be given an easy start.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Who gave you this task and when do you have to submit it?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
As you will have read in the forum rules and guidelines, we are unable to help with any homework, task or assignment that you're going to submit to a teacher for marking or grading. Once your teacher has looked at your piece, and has given his/her comments and corrections, you can come back to us for help if you're still unclear on any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.