• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Pashto, Pushto
      • Home Country:
      • Afghanistan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I also think I would take more risks traveling now because I'm more self-confident,

I don't understand the use of would and could here. Could you please help me?

"Are you a risk taker?

Yes, I think I am, or anyway more than I used to be. I think my attitude to risk has changed as I’ve gotten older. For example, I’m more open to risking a change in appearance because I think I’m less self- conscious now. I often change hairstyles and color, but when I was younger I had the same hairstyle for years and years, I also think I would take more risks traveling now because I'm more self-confident, so I’m pretty sure I could cope with any problems."

Source:Top Notch 3

newkeenlearner is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Pashto, Pushto
      • Home Country:
      • Afghanistan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I also think I would take more risks traveling now because I'm more self-confiden

Can I say in the following way If I want to memorize the sentence below?
    "I also think I would take more risks if I were traveling now because I'm more self-confident, so I’m pretty sure I could cope with any problems."

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I also think I would take more risks traveling now because I'm more self-confiden

Quote Originally Posted by newkeenlearner View Post
    Can I say it in the following way if I want to memorize the sentence below?

"I also think I would take more risks if I were traveling now because I'm more self-confident, so I’m pretty sure I could cope with any problems."
    Your new sentence is OK. Note my changes to the first line though. Why did you capitalise "if" in that line when it appeared in the middle of a normal sentence? Also, it doesn't make any difference that you're planning to memorise it.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.