Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Uganda
Current Location
Uganda
“Don’t let go of your dream, if you have determination and belief in your dreams, you will succeed in spite of your desire to let go.” This is what I have always been taught by my dad. I have always dreamt of being a civil engineer since I was a child. As a person that grew up from a developing homestead, I had the opportunity to witness a lot of construction works in various aspects which included building construction, road construction and industrial constructions. The more I grew up, the more I learned about civil engineering. This kept on boosting my passion for it. During community construction activities I would get involved since I was 14 years old. The desire to create something that improves the environment for the wellbeing of people, the rehabilitation of the environment we live in, made me love civil engineering very much. The heavy traffic congestion in my country and the possibility of it being solved by a civil engineering made me develop the urge to explore the civil engineering field. Civil engineering is simply the most appropriate profession I would like to be involved in because of the facts surrounding it, it is highly demanded, it has a huge sector within which one can work, it earns good commission and it is not dull. In summary civil engineering is simply the best way I can express myself to the society I live in.
I choose to pursue civil engineering from south Korea because of the high rates of efficiency of the education systems of south Korea. There are very many competitive engineering companies in south Korea which increases efficiency among engineers. The rate at which urbanization is happening in Korea also proves how efficient the engineering field is. This all together has managed to pick my attention and interest to apply for the scholarship and this particular program.
I come from a small family of me, my father, my mother, my sister and brother. My father works as a driver at the ministry of education, my mother works as a preacher at a local market and together they have supported us since childhood. My sister is the first born of our family. She is currently at the university. She is followed by me who is also currently at the university. I am currently pursuing building economics which is what my family can afford to finance me to take on. Despite building economics being undesired, I have taken it on since it to a small extent relates to my dream career. However, I have never lost hope that I will one day study civil engineering in a high standard university and receive all the necessary skills to efficiently practice my desired profession. My brother the last born has just joined high school this year and he has to be supported as well. The financial crisis in family pushes me more towards pursuing this scholarship since it could help reduce the family expenses to some extent.
When in form three (3) at high school, my dad's employment contract happened to expire and it was never renewed. I had to help out often mum with her part-time work sometimes. This was to help raise money to cater for our school dues and home requirements. It happened for almost 2 years before dad got himself another job. Working with mum, I missed a lot if classes at school both practical and theoretical. I had to increase my efforts at school in order to keep passing my exams. I risked more than half of my school term to help raise my fees. Finally, at the end of the year, I was part of the top students in my class and for that I will forever be grateful to God. I then went ahead through same trouble did the National high school O’level exams and excelled with in the country's top grade, first grade. Despite all the absenteeism I had during my final O’level year I managed to excel and achieve good results, at least to my school. This was because I always consider the greater good of why am doing something not the pain I feel when doing it. This keeps me from being rational. My academic excellency has

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
“Don’t let go of your dream, if you have determination and belief in your dreams, you will succeed in spite of your desire to let go.” This is what I have always been taught by my dad. I have always dreamt of being a civil engineer since I was a child. As a person that grew up from a developing homestead, I had the opportunity to witness a lot of construction works in various aspects which included building construction, road construction and industrial constructions. The more I grew up, the more I learned about civil engineering. This kept on boosting my passion for it. During community construction activities I would get involved since I was 14 years old. The desire to create something that improves the environment for the wellbeing of people, the rehabilitation of the environment we live in, made me love civil engineering very much. The heavy traffic congestion in my country and the possibility of it being solved by a civil engineering made me develop the urge to explore the civil engineering field. Civil engineering is simply the most appropriate profession I would like to be involved in because of the facts surrounding it, it is highly demanded, it has a huge sector within which one can work, it earns good commission and it is not dull. In summary civil engineering is simply the best way I can express myself to the society I live in.
I choose to pursue civil engineering from south Korea because of the high rates of efficiency of the education systems of south Korea. There are very many competitive engineering companies in south Korea which increases efficiency among engineers. The rate at which urbanization is happening in Korea also proves how efficient the engineering field is. This all together has managed to pick my attention and interest to apply for the scholarship and this particular program.
I come from a small family of me, my father, my mother, my sister and brother. My father works as a driver at the ministry of education, my mother works as a preacher at a local market and together they have supported us since childhood. My sister is the first born of our family. She is currently at the university. She is followed by me who is also currently at the university. I am currently pursuing building economics [Where? Is that a diploma program?] which is what my family can afford to finance me to take on. Despite building economics being undesired, I have taken it on since it to a small extent relates to my dream career. However, I have never lost hope that I will one day study civil engineering in a high standard university and receive all the necessary skills to efficiently practice my desired profession. My brother the last born has just joined high school this year and he has to be supported as well. The financial crisis in family pushes me more towards pursuing this scholarship since it could help reduce the family expenses to some extent.
When in form three (3) at high school, my dad's employment contract happened to expire and it was never renewed. [I thought you said he works for the Ministry of Education!] I had to help out often mum with her part-time work sometimes. This was to help raise money to cater for our school dues and home requirements. It happened for almost 2 years before dad got himself another job. Working with mum, [What did you do?] I missed a lot if classes at school both practical and theoretical. I had to increase my efforts at school in order to keep passing my exams. I risked more than half of my school term to help raise my fees. Finally, at the end of the year, I was part of the top students in my class and for that I will forever be grateful to God. I then went ahead through same trouble did the National high school O’level exams and excelled with in the country's top grade, first grade. Despite all the absenteeism I had during my final O’level year I managed to excel and achieve good results, at least to my school. This was because I always consider the greater good of why am doing something not the pain I feel when doing it. This keeps me from being rational. My academic excellency has ???
I don't understand the text in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.