• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

What is the casual way to ask a person if they want to play with me after their game

Situation: I have a friend playing a MMO game and they are playing their game. So what is the causal way (and formal way) to ask if they would play the 2nd match after the current match and whether I can join the game with them?
    Some sentences i can think of ( but I don't sure if it is written correct or not):
    - Would you like to play with me after this game/match?
    - Can/Could I join you after this match?
    - Do you want to play with me after the match?
    - Do/Will you play another game after this match? (Which is more correct to use in this situation? Do or Will )

And should i use game or match (this game or this match) and the or this (this match or the match), which is sound more natural for you?
    Btw, which sentence is correct:
    - Is it written correct?
    - Is it written correctly?

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: What is the casual way to ask a person if they want to play with me after their g

Quote Originally Posted by snoob View Post
    Situation: I have a friend playing an MMO game. and they are playing their game. So What is the a causal way (and a formal way) to ask if they would play the 2nd another match after the current match and whether I can join the game? with them?
    Below are some sentences I can think of, but I'm don't not sure if it is written they are correct or not.

- Would you like to play with me after this game/match?
    - Can/Could I join you after this match?
    - Do you want to play with me after the match?
    - Do/Will you play another game after this match? (Which is more correct to use in this situation, "do" or "will"?

And should I use "game" or "match" (this game or this match) and the or this ( "this match" or "the match"? Which is sounds more natural for to you?
    BTW, which sentence is correct:
    - Is it written correct?
    - Is it written correctly?
    Hello snoob, and welcome to the forum.
    I had to google MMO to find out what it means! Will you be playing a two-player game with your friend, or will there be many other players involved?

snoob is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Re: What is the casual way to ask a person if they want to play with me after their g

Thanks for the correcting. The game consists of 10 people split into 2 teams for each match, you invite your friend so you and your friend can both play in the same match and in the same team.

Skrej is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

There are dozens of possibilities, but here is a mix of formal and informal possibilities. Some would only work if you're competing against the person, instead of teaming up with them. I'm not sure if you mean two teams of five, or five teams of two, but it wouldn't matter too much for the teamwork options.

Could I join the next match/game/round?
    Can I get in on the next match/game/round? (informal)

Want to play me next match/game/round? (informal) - This suggests competition vs. teamwork.
    Would you like to play me next (match/game/round)? - Again, this suggests competition vs. teamwork.

Want to team up next match/game/round? (somewhat informal, and a native speaker might reduce to 'wanna')
    Want to be teammates next match/game/round? (somewhat informal, and a native speaker might reduce to 'wanna')

May I join your team next match/round/game?
    Could we be a team next game/match/round?
    Can we team up next game/match/round
    Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by snoob View Post
    Thanks for the correcting my text. The game consists of 10 people split into 2 teams. For each match, you invite your friend so you and your friend can both play in the same match and in the same team.
    Try:
    Are you going to play another match and if so, can I join your team please?