• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

for example skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

Are these three sentences OK? I have difficulty using "for example" in a sentence.

1) Although they make you feel good, risky sports can be extremely dangerous. The possibility of getting seriously injured while performing these activities is very high, and some adventure sports, for example skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

2) Although they make you feel good, risky sports can be extremely dangerous. The possibility of getting seriously injured while performing these activities is very high. For example, some adventure sports, such as/like skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

3) Although they make you feel good, risky sports can be extremely dangerous. The possibility of getting seriously injured while performing these activities is very high, and for example, some adventure sports, like skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: for example skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by sania-baharat View Post
    1) Although they make you feel good, risky sports can be extremely dangerous. The possibility of getting seriously injured while performing these activities is very high, and some adventure sports, for example skydiving and cliff jumping, can even have fatal consequences.

2) Although they make you feel good, risky sports can be extremely dangerous. The possibility of getting seriously injured while performing these activities is very high. For example, some adventure sports such as/like skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

3) Although they make you feel good, risky sports can be extremely dangerous. The possibility of getting seriously injured while performing these activities is very high and for example, some adventure sports like skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

tzfujimino is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: for example skydiving and cliff jumping can even have fatal consequences.

To Rover

I think yi-ing's post was meant to be a question. If I remember correctly, it started 'Can we say ...' and then he/she quoted the OP's sentence with the word "while" struck through.
    Like me, you might have thought yi-ing had made a correction to it without stating 'Not a teacher'.

(I was actually going to make a post to say 'I wouldn't omit the word "while."')
    Last edited by tzfujimino; 26-Sep-2017 at 18:14.