• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Question Can you please check the my sentences practice

I write some sentences during the practice of IELTS but now just want to know whether it is correct or not. So if anyone can answer then please answer it. I will be thankful to you.

1) Not to speak of move freely he can not attend even nearest friends events easily.
    2) People like the famous personalities as well as taking interest in their personal matters.
    3) So if you have many followers then you shall have to take care of your image.
    4) If sponsors feel you are going to loss fame, they hesitate to sponsor you.
    5) For example if any sportsman does not play well then it not only effect his place in sport but also effect him economically.
    6) As a result he always have to work hard regardless of his physical situation so that he may maintain his position and fame.
    7) To be a famous person especially if you belong to an entertainment-related filed, not only allows you to enjoy many advantages but you also face so many difficulties.
    8) In my opinion, If depends on the person's priorities. However, I also believe in one stage of life you become irritate by fame.
    9) Social media is too dangerous to teenagers.
    10) If you does not use properly so you will pay for it.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: Can you please check the my sentences practice

I'll start:

1) Not to speak of move freely he can not attend even nearest friends events easily.

It is unclear what you mean. Is the person unable to move physically very far?

When are you thinking of taking IELTS and what grade do you need? I think you have a long way to go.

tedmc is online now VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

1.He cannot even meet up with his friends living nearby, let alone move freely.

2.Fans of famous personalities take great interest in their personal lives.

3.People who have many followers have to maintain their image.

4.If sponsors feel your fame is waning, they would hesitate to sponsor you.

5.The social media may be dangerous to teenagers.

6.A sportman who does not perform risks losing his/her standing and income.

7. So he has to work hard, overcoming all odds, to maintain his position and fame.

8.Famous personalities in the entertainment field enjoy many privileges but also face adversities.

9.It is a matter of the individual's priorities. Those who have achieved fame may come to a stage where they may not appreciate it.

10.If you do not use it wisely, you may have to pay a price for it.
    Last edited by tedmc; 27-Sep-2017 at 10:58.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Hello abbasalibutt, and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by abbasalibutt View Post
    I write wrote [tense is important] some sentences during the practice of for IELTS practice, and I'd like but now just want to know whether it is they are correct. I'd be grateful if anyone can help me check them. or not. So if anyone can answer then please answer it. I will be thankful to you.
    That sentence is ungrammatical and the meaning is unclear. I suggest you rewrite it in a simpler way.

2) People like the famous personalities as well as celebrities and take ing interest in their personal lives/affairs. matters.
    3) So If you have many followers, then you shall have to take (better) care of your image.
    4) If sponsors feel you are going to loss fame, they hesitate to sponsor you.
    You can try the version suggested by tedmc above but use "will", "may", or "might" instead of "would." Note also the difference between "lose" (the one you want) and "loss" and "loose".

5) For example, if any sportsman does not play well, then it not only will his professional reputation suffer, but his income/earnings may drop as well. effect his place in sport but also effect him economically.
    6) As a result, he always have has to work hard regardless of his physical condition situation so that he may maintain his position and fame.
    7) To be a famous person, especially if you belong to an entertainment-related field, not only allows you to enjoy many advantages, but you also face so many difficulties.
    Consider using "challenges" instead of "difficulties" in that sentence.

8) In my opinion, If it depends on the person's priorities. However, I also believe in one at some stage, of life you may become irritated by fame.
    I don't see the connection between those two sentences.

9) Social media is too can be (quite) dangerous to for teenagers.
    10) If you does not use properly so you will pay for it.
    That sentence is grammatical, and the meaning is unclear. Rewrite it and clarify what you are talking about.

In future, please start a new thread for each separate question.