Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everyone

Is my answer correct to this task?

Read the following information about Lincoln and rearrange the sentences in chronological order.

1. When Lincoln was eight years old, his father lost most of his land in Kentucky.
2. Lincoln's mother died when he was nine years old.
3. When Lincoln was nine, his stepmother persuaded his father that Abraham should begin to go to school.
4. Lincoln was born in Kentucky.
5. He started school, but it soon closed.
6. The first winter they spent in Indiana they lived in a house with only three walls; the fourth side was open for a fire.
7. Lincoln's family moved to Indiana after his father's bankruptcy.

My answer is as follows:
4. Lincoln was born in Kentucky.
1. When Lincoln was eight years old, his father lost most of his land in Kentucky.
7. Lincoln's family moved to Indiana after his father's bankruptcy.
6. The first winter they spent in Indiana they lived in a house with only three walls; the fourth side was open for a fire.
2. Lincoln's mother died when he was nine years old.
3. When Lincoln was nine, his stepmother persuaded his father that Abraham should begin to go to school.
5. He started school, but it soon closed.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You should know that we're not supposed to do anybody's homework. I will say that you should ask yourself if the sentences are in a logical sequence.

ZigZ4g

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
You should know that we're not supposed to do anybody's homework. I will say that you should ask yourself if the sentences are in a logical sequence.

Are you sure Have read my post fully? Or maybe I have not made it clear to you as it deserves. Anyhow, I've already answered the task, just wanted to make sure it's fine. If it is not, just let me try again.

Once again, here is my answer to the task, would be much obliged if you could check it:

1) 4. Lincoln was born in Kentucky.
2) 1. When Lincoln was eight years old, his father lost most of his land in Kentucky.
3) 7. Lincoln's family moved to Indiana after his father's bankruptcy.
4) 6. The first winter they spent in Indiana they lived in a house with only three walls; the fourth side was open for a fire.
5) 2. Lincoln's mother died when he was nine years old.
6) 3. When Lincoln was nine, his stepmother persuaded his father that Abraham should begin to go to school.
7) 5. He started school, but it soon closed.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are you sure Have read my post fully? Or maybe I have not made it clear to you as it deserves. Anyhow, I've already answered the task, just wanted to make sure it's fine. If it is not, just let me try again.

Once again, here is my answer to the task, would be much obliged if you WOULD check it:

1) 4. Lincoln was born in Kentucky.
2) 1. When Lincoln was eight years old, his father lost most of his land in Kentucky.
3) 7. Lincoln's family moved to Indiana after his father's bankruptcy.
4) 6. The first winter they spent in Indiana they lived in a house with only three walls; the fourth side was open for a fire.
5) 2. Lincoln's mother died when he was nine years old.
6) 3. When Lincoln was nine, his stepmother persuaded his father that Abraham should begin to go to school.
7) 5. He started school, but it soon closed.

There is no need for me to comment again. You posted the same thing twice. Anyhow, it's not really a grammar or usage question. It's a logic problem. Do any of the sentences seem to be out of place? Are they in a logical sequence?

ZigZ4g

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Then we will have to disagree, I'm afraid.

The task is to help students develop a chronological paragraph. Without such skill, how one would make a chronological paragraph?

I didn't state that it has to do with grammar or usage— that's why I opened the thread in the writing forum.
However, that's finished for me; thanks for being helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.