Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everyone

Is my response to this task correct?

Read the following information about a Mr. A.G Sinclair. Rearrange the sentences so that they appear in chronological order.

1. Until he was 18, Sinclair worked as a warehouseman at several firms and spent two years as a bus conductor.
2. He was the first child in a family of three boys and two girls.
3. After working as a bust conductor, Sinclair signed on in the Army but stayed only ten weeks before he bought himself out for £100.
4. Sinclair was born on December 14, 1942.
5. Quitting the army, Sinclair decided to better himself and after passing six examinations, he was about to start a teacher training course in Bradford.
6.He left middle school with no qualifications and wen to work as a writer at the Queens Hotel. It was the first of a long series of jobs.
7. After attending Mayflower Infants and Junior schools he went to Oaktown Secondary modern school.

My answer.
1) 4. Sinclair was born on December 14, 1942.
2) 2. He was the first child in a family of three boys and two girls.
3) 7. After attending Mayflower Infants and Junior schools he went to Oaktown Secondary modern school.
4) 6.He left middle school with no qualifications and wen to work as a writer at the Queens Hotel. It was the first of a long series of jobs.
5) 1. Until he was 18, Sinclair worked as a warehouseman at several firms and spent two years as a bus conductor.
6) 3. After working as a bust conductor, Sinclair signed on in the Army but stayed only ten weeks before he bought himself out for £100.
7) 5. Quitting the army, Sinclair decided to better himself and after passing six examinations, he was about to start a teacher training course in Bradford.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I have changed your thread titles. You can't have two threads both called 'chronological order'.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Where did you find that exercise?
Note: [STRIKE]bust[/STRIKE] bus conductor, [STRIKE]wen[/STRIKE] went to work and [STRIKE]writer[/STRIKE] waiter at the Queens Hotel.

ZigZ4g

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Where did you find that exercise?
Note: [STRIKE]bust[/STRIKE] bus conductor, [STRIKE]wen[/STRIKE] went to work and [STRIKE]writer[/STRIKE] waiter at the Queens Hotel.

Found in the pamphlet my teacher gave us. I reckon it's part of a Chinese book. Is there anything abnormal with it?

The typographical errors were my fault while typing, not the the pamphlet's.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I found in the pamphlet my teacher gave us. I reckon it's part of a Chinese book. Is there anything abnormal with it?
It could have been written better.

Status
Not open for further replies.