Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hello, Sir, could you please rephrase / correct the following writing piece.

I have committed myself to learn Chinese language within six months to at least comprehend the easy books written on Chinese language. So far I have read that understanding of Chinese linyin method along with Chinese Characters is essential to understand the language. Only after attaining this knowledge I can read and write the basic sentences / vocabulary and grammar. As I had gathered information before starting to learn the language that the Chinese language was one of the most difficult languages to understand it actually made me focus more on the subtle points of the language. Gradual learning of the language proved my understanding correct that it was indeed very difficult language. The most embarrassing aspect of learning the language is that unlike other languages which have alphabets, the Chinese language instead has quite a few characters and these characters have to be memorized thoroughly to have command on the language. Thanks to Internet learning any language has become far more easier than before when one had to either read books or even to go to the country of the particular language one attempted to learn. The accent / pronunciation of the learning language is no problem anymore.
Thanks
Hatim Hussain

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hello, Sir, could you please rephrase / correct (no space before and after the slash) the following writing piece.

I have committed myself to learning the Chinese language within six months to at least comprehend the easy books written [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in Chinese [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE]. So far, I have read that understanding of the Chinese linyin (pinyin?) [STRIKE]method[/STRIKE] system along with Chinese characters is essential to understanding the language. Only after attaining this knowledge can I [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] read and write [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] basic sentences/vocabulary and grammar. As I had gathered information before starting to learn the language that the Chinese language was one of the most difficult languages to understand, it actually made me focus more on the subtle points of the language. Gradual learning of the language proved my understanding correct - that it was indeed a very difficult language to learn. The most embarrassing aspect of learning the language is that, unlike other languages which have alphabets, the Chinese language instead has quite a [STRIKE]few[/STRIKE] number of characters and these characters have to be memorized thoroughly to have a command [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] of the language. Thanks to internet, learning any language has become far [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] easier than before when one had to either read books or even to go to the country of the particular language one attempted to learn. The accent/pronunciation of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] learning the language is no problem anymore.
Thanks
Hatim Hussain

hatimhussain

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I really appreciate your help in correcting my draft. This piece of corrected draft will enable me not to repeat those mistakes I have made in my writing.
Thank you Sir,

Hatim

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have committed myself to learning Chinese within six months to at least comprehend books written in plain Chinese. So far, I have read that the understanding of the Chinese Pinyin system along with Chinese characters is essential to understanding the language. Only after attaining this knowledge can I read and write basic sentences/vocabulary and understand grammar. According to the information I gathered before starting to learn the language, Chinese is one of the most difficult languages to understand, and it has actually made me focus more on the subtle points in the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.