Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please correct my letter.Here 'joining time' refers the 6 days leave which can be availed on account of transfer from one place to another.
Sir,
I have been transferred from ambur branch to jolarpet branch on 07/08/2017. Now I would like to apply for joining time from 23/10/17 to 27/10/17. Please grant me permission to avail the same at the requested date.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please correct my letter. (space after a full stop) Here, 'joining time' refers to the 6 days leave which can be [STRIKE]availed[/STRIKE] taken [STRIKE]on account of[/STRIKE] when transferring from one workplace to another.

Dear Sir,

I [STRIKE]have been[/STRIKE] was transferred from the Ambur branch to the Jolarpet branch on 07/08/2017. Now I would like to apply for joining time from 23/10/17 to 27/10/17.

Please grant me permission to [STRIKE]avail[/STRIKE] take the [STRIKE]same[/STRIKE] time off [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] on the requested dates.

Yours faithfully

[Your name]

See above. If it's a formal letter, as indicated by "Dear Sir", you need to finish with "Yours faithfully". If you know the name of the person you're writing to, you should use it, and then end with "Yours sincerely" or just "Yours".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I was absolutely certain that I had started my response with "As long as 'joining time' is a recognised term in Indian English and you are writing to someone who speaks that variant, then you can use it". I have no idea where that sentence went. I must have imagined it!

Status
Not open for further replies.