• Member Type:
      • Teacher (Other)
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Red face Your opinion - acting and performing arts for English pronunciation - online course?

Dear ELL Community,

I would love to get your feedback about a method I’ve been using to teach English, for which I am creating an online course.

My background is in the performing arts and I’ve been teaching English to students of all ages, from all over the world using acting exercises and performance texts.

Instead of using textbooks, I use performance scripts, films, Ted Talks and literature that show the rhythm of English speech. Classes begin with a vocal warm-up (which is often silly and makes people laugh!), then vocal pronunciation exercises. After this, we apply pronunciation techniques to a text to create a character and short performance. We use our voice and bodies, and through the process, learn phonetic grammar rules.

I’m working on offering my courses online and I would love to know:

1. Is this something you are interested in?
    2. Would you like to help me by testing a course and giving feedback?

If yes, leave a comment below or go to my website (below) and enter your email. I’m still working on things but once I have the courses ready, I’ll email you to let you know.

Thanks so much!

[URL removed pending response to post #2]
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 13-Oct-2017 at 18:44. Reason: Removed URL pending clarification

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Your opinion - acting and performing arts for English pronunciation - online cour

Welcome to the forum.

Is your course going to be free? I ask because this forum does not allow advertising for paid/commercial websites. For now, just in case, I have removed the link from your post. If the course is going to be free, and the administrators of the forum decide to allow it, you can put the link in a new response in this thread.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Your opinion - acting and performing arts for English pronunciation - online cour

The forum works its magic and deletes any email addresses posted.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

NYCT is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Teacher (Other)
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Your opinion - acting and performing arts for English pronunciation online course

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Is your course going to be free? I ask because this forum does not allow advertising for paid/commercial websites. For now, just in case, I have removed the link from your post. If the course is going to be free, and the administrators of the forum decide to allow it, you can put the link in a new response in this thread.
    Hi and thank you for your note. There will be free and paid content. I'm happy for you to take the link off (I also agree I will not provide my email). I've read the terms and conditions but if I've missed something else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you!