Your opinion - acting and performing arts for English pronunciation - online course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCT

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear ELL Community,

I would love to get your feedback about a method I’ve been using to teach English, for which I am creating an online course.

My background is in the performing arts and I’ve been teaching English to students of all ages, from all over the world using acting exercises and performance texts.

Instead of using textbooks, I use performance scripts, films, Ted Talks and literature that show the rhythm of English speech. Classes begin with a vocal warm-up (which is often silly and makes people laugh!), then vocal pronunciation exercises. After this, we apply pronunciation techniques to a text to create a character and short performance. We use our voice and bodies, and through the process, learn phonetic grammar rules.

I’m working on offering my courses online and I would love to know:

1. Is this something you are interested in?
2. Would you like to help me by testing a course and giving feedback?

If yes, leave a comment below or go to my website (below) and enter your email. I’m still working on things but once I have the courses ready, I’ll email you to let you know.

Thanks so much!
icon11.png

[URL removed pending response to post #2]

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Is your course going to be free? I ask because this forum does not allow advertising for paid/commercial websites. For now, just in case, I have removed the link from your post. If the course is going to be free, and the administrators of the forum decide to allow it, you can put the link in a new response in this thread.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The forum works its magic and deletes any email addresses posted.

NYCT

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Your opinion - acting and performing arts for English pronunciation online course

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Is your course going to be free? I ask because this forum does not allow advertising for paid/commercial websites. For now, just in case, I have removed the link from your post. If the course is going to be free, and the administrators of the forum decide to allow it, you can put the link in a new response in this thread.

Hi and thank you for your note. There will be free and paid content. I'm happy for you to take the link off (I also agree I will not provide my email). I've read the terms and conditions but if I've missed something else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.