Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Hi,
Could you please check the talk below?

My father is my real hero. He is someone I admire the most in my life. He has devoted all of his valuable life to serving his family, and his commitment to us is beyond question. I should be more grateful to him because he has never ceased to support his family both emotionally and financially. Even though he financially struggles at some point in his life, he has done his best to meet his family’s needs and to provide peace and security in our home. In terms of characteristics, he is very adaptable, responsible, kind and gentle. Everyone who first meets him will immediately attract to my father. Because of his great personality, the more people get to know him, the more they enjoy his company. What I like best about my father is that he is so calm, collected and patient that I have never seen him being angry or being bad-tempered and that he has never shown extreme reactions in his angriest moments. I wish I could was as patient and calm as he is.

Also, when I am feeling down or a little depressed, it is always my father who tries to lift/lighten my mood by being a really good listener and by encouraging me with his kind words. I find his voice as well as his words really comforting. Whenever I have difficulty overcoming hardships in my life, he is the first person with whom I discuss my personal issues/problems. I often feel comfortable to talk with/to him about my private affairs as well. His fatherly advice on not fearing of failure has made all of our lives full of hope and dreams and has paved the way for better life. He has been a positive role model for my sisters and me. It is indescribable how much we all love him.

In addition, he is never judgmental, and has tried not to grow bad feelings about people around himself. Being optimistic and having a very positive outlook on life is another pleasant thing that I like about him. He has played a very important role in improving my self-confidence and in keeping me motivated. This makes her such a great father that I think everyone wishes he was her father too.

I can vividly remember that when I was a child, I couldn't ride a bicycle. Whenever I began/started riding it, I immediately fall off it. I almost injured myself several times. I found it really difficult and challenging to ride a bicycle. Sometimes I gave up my hopes. Nevertheless, it was my dad who taught me how to ride it, and how to try more and more, although it took him a lot of time and energy to deal with my riding.

Also, I have to say that, he was the first person in my life to spark my interest in computer field. He bought my first PC to be able to practice my computer lessons easier and to indulge my passion for computer science, although it cost him too much money. In addition, when I wanted to applied to university, he had guided and helped me with my choosing a major. He had advised me on choosing what interested me not what pleased him. His parental and spiritual guidance has had long-lasting influence on me.

Thanks to his support and encouragement, I could and still can achieve my dreams in my life. If he hadn't supported me, I wouldn't be someone who I am now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Why did you call it a talk?

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
It is the question: "Talk about someone who you admire in your life".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you actually going to read it aloud? Is it a speech?

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Yes. I am going to memorize it. There are a lot of question that the talk above can cover them: "someone who inspires/motivates you."," someone in your family you get along well."," someone who spark your interest in your major, someone has influenced on you ", and "someone who learn you something valuable". As you can see, this talk can cover many more questions. That's why it is long. I can get many more ideas from the talk. we, as IELTS candidates, don't have enough time to prepare talks for every topic. we should be able to combine different ideas and thoughts together to do well for new topics. For this, we need to memorize phrases and sentences.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes. I am going to memorize it. There are a lot of questions that the talk above can cover​: [STRIKE]them:[/STRIKE]

"someone who inspires/motivates you"
"someone in your family with whom you get along well"
"someone who sparks/sparked your interest in your major"
"someone who has influenced [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] you" [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE]
"someone who [STRIKE]learn[/STRIKE] taught you something valuable".

As you can see, this talk can cover many [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]questions[/STRIKE] ​areas. That's why it is long. I can get many more ideas [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] into the talk. We, as IELTS candidates, don't have enough time to prepare talks for every topic. We should be able to combine different ideas and thoughts [STRIKE]together[/STRIKE] to do well [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] on new topics. For this, we need to memorize phrases and sentences.

Note my corrections above. Are you going to give this talk in front of your IELTS tutor?

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Note my corrections above. Are you going to give this talk in front of your IELTS tutor?
Thank you. Yes teacher.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As Ems always says, your teacher wants to see your work, not ours.

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Sorry. I thought Emsr2d2 said an IELTS examiner. Actually, I meant IELST examiner not IELST tutor. Our IELTS teachers are not knowledgeable enough to be able to correct our mistakes. I am preparing myself to give a good talk in front of an IELST examiner in a way that my talk sounds natural to get high score. Every week, I choose 3 topics and then try to get ideas from the Internet and different books. Then I try to write on my own, and record my voice and talk for 2 minutes. I do it for 10 times a day.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I could give you some suggestions, but if you use those suggestions the final work will be a collaboration and not yours alone. Would you tell the examiner that you submitted it here first?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have to wait to see what Ems says.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm still a little confused. Are you going to use the speech in post #1 (or any part of it) in your exam?

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
I'm still a little confused. Are you going to use the speech in post #1 (or any part of it) in your exam?
Sorry for making you confused. Yes, I am going to memorized it and use it in my IELST exam.

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
but if you use those suggestions the final work will be a collaboration and not yours alone. Would you tell the examiner that you submitted it here first?
:)
we don't have to tell examiners what the source of our study was. They also never ask candidates such questions. Our teachers advice us that you don't need to be honest in your IELST exam. You can tell lies. For example, if you don't like a specific kind of food but you have more ideas to talk about it, pretend that you love it so much. we should try to invents as many details as possible. Being honest is not important in this exam, being able to speak English fluently with the fewest errors in vocabulary and grammar is really matters.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
:). We don't have to tell the examiners what the source of our study was. They also never ask candidates such questions. Our teachers advise us that you don't need to be honest in your IELST exam. You can tell lies. For example, if you don't like a specific kind of food but you have more ideas to talk about it, pretend that you love it so much. we should try to invents as many details as possible. Being honest is not important in this exam, being able to speak English fluently with the fewest errors in vocabulary and grammar is what really matters.

Well, the first sentence is good. It's simple and to the point. It's also meaningful. What do you think might be the problem with the second sentence?

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Well, the first sentence is good. It's simple and to the point. It's also meaningful. What do you think might be the problem with the second sentence?
Which sentence you mean, Tarheel?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Let's just stop here. I'm sure you've seen on the forum rules and guidelines that we will not help with homework or assignments. The whole point of your IELTS exam is for the examiner to test you. He/she doesn't want to know how good your English is when you've had loads of help from an outside source. If you go into this exam with perfect grammar and vocabulary in your speech, the examiner isn't going to get a realistic picture of your actual level and standard of English. That's unfair on the examiner and, more importantly, unfair on any future students you teach.

As far as your teacher telling you you can lie in your exam, it's one thing to pretend to like a food you hate but it's something else entirely to effectively cheat by having the members of this forum write your speech for you.

You must do the best you can in your exam. We wish you good luck. Feel free to come back and tell us how you did afterwards.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.