• Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Post Help about a sentence.

Hello.
    I want to know a Grammar checker tool like [URL removed] is OK or not. For example, In below sentence how many errors exist?
    " I'm a Linux administrator and working on a big newspaper as a Network Administrator and a virtualization guy. My interesting in virtualization Goes back to school days When I see Microsoft Virtual PC for the first time. Nowadays, I'm working on Type 1 virtualization and security and my primary skills are launching Linux servers and hardening them, Doing virtualization like Xen, Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi, KVM and Oracle VM and network administration. I have a good talent about learning new topics and I'm self-teaching"

The tool tell me no error exist and I want to know is it reliable?

Thank you.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 14-Oct-2017 at 12:56. Reason: URL removed

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Help about a sentence.

Welcome to the forum.

If that supposed "grammar checker" told you there were no errors in that paragraph, I strongly recommend that you never use the website again. It has missed multiple errors.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Help about a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by hack3rcon View Post
    Hello.
    I want to know if a grammar checker tool like [URL removed] is OK or not. For example, how many errors are there in the paragraph below? sentence how many errors exist?

" I'm a Linux administrator and working on a big newspaper as a Network Administrator and a virtualization guy. My interesting in virtualization Goes back to school days When I see Microsoft Virtual PC for the first time. Nowadays, I'm working on Type 1 virtualization and security and my primary skills are launching Linux servers and hardening them, Doing virtualization like Xen, Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi, KVM and Oracle VM and network administration. I have a good talent about learning new topics and I'm self-teaching"

The tool tells me there are no errors exist and I want to know if is it is reliable.

Thank you.
    Note my corrections to the top and bottom of your post above. I have not made any corrections to the main paragraph at this stage. There are errors but I'd like to see if you can spot them first. For example, there are a couple of capital letters that shouldn't be there.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.