[Essay] If you are asked to make a fair evaluation of your teachers, what criteria...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarcy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
...would you use? - Hello, everyone! I need some help with this essay. Notice, that it must be between 300 and 350 words so if you are going to remove something from it, please suggest ideas which I can use to replace the removed parts. Thank you in advance!

There is no doubt that every student has some requirements when it comes to their teacher be it in school or in university or in other kind of educational institution, program or activity. What is more, students usually use objective and accurate rules to evaluate their teachers in three main aspects: teacher’s personal features, their professional skills and, of course, the way a teacher communicates with her or his students.

First of all, for every student the identity of their teacher is of very big importance for the act of evaluation. The person who possesses more virtues than imperfections is evaluated higher by students. In this way, a teacher who is open-minded, tolerant, merciful and with a big heart full of love and devotion to their profession is more likely to receive the support of the students.

The second way of grading a teacher is by analyzing their professional abilities. In this way, students understand if a teacher could really help them to comprehend the essence of what they learn. For that reason, students tend to pay attention to the teaching methods of their teachers, the technologies which they use and their effectiveness. For that reason, teachers’ professional experience is tremendously important criteria.

Lastly, in order to finish the evaluation of any teacher, students should define if they support the way the teacher communicates with them or not. This includes observing how teachers act, what they do to motivate their students, do they support them and make them believe that future is not as dark as everyone says or do teachers respect the way of thinking of their students? If the answer of all of these questions is ‘yes’ then teachers deserve to receive a positive evaluation.

In conclusion, the criteria that students use to create the overall evaluation of their teachers should include the appraise of three different aspects of a teacher’s image: their personality and the features it possesses; their professional ability to work with students and the way they communicate with learners.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
When are you going to turn this in to your teacher?

EDarcy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
I am not going to turn this in to a teacher. I am independend learner but I have an university exam next year. That is why I am practising my writing skills at the moment and I need someone who can tell me if my peace of writing is grammarly correct and if I am using appropriate vocabulary.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am not going to turn this in to a teacher. I am an independent learner but I have an university exam next year. That is why I am practising my writing skills at the moment and I need someone who can tell me if my [STRIKE]peace[/STRIKE] piece of writing is [STRIKE]grammarly[/STRIKE] grammatically correct and if I am using appropriate vocabulary.

I don't have time to look at the essay at the moment but please note my corrections to your most recent post above.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I need some help with this essay. It must be between 300 and 350 words, so if you are going to remove something from it, please suggest WHAT I SHOULD use to replace the removed parts.

Please note the changes to the text.

(I need to rest now, but I'll look at it again later.)

Status
Not open for further replies.