Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
Qatar
I want to give a warning letter to my company driver- see below.

It has been reported that you have refused to carry out a job that asked to you. Yesterday, there was an urgent job to be done in (place)and, the Technician needed to go there and asked you to drop him at (place) but you refused to do it.

This is not first time you are refusing to do your job and also; I have received many complaints from the staff about your arrogant behavior.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I want to give a warning letter to my company driver. See below​:

It has been reported that you have refused to carry out a job ​you were asked to ​do. Yesterday, there was an urgent job to be done in (place)​, and the ​technician needed to go there​. He asked you to drop him at (place)​, but you refused to do it.

This ​was not first time you ​have refused to do your job​, and I have also received ​(Delete many) complaints from the staff about your arrogant behavior.

Have you already talked with the driver about those other incidents and arrogrant behavior? If you can't share examples, don't say it. It's what we call opening a can of worms.

Many isn't a number, so it's vague and arguable. Is three many? Is ten? I'd take that out.

If you've received complaints from the entire staff, then from the staff is correct. If not, say something like:

- from some of the staff
- from some staff members
- from several people on staff

In short, don't put anything in the letter that you can't back up.

Last edited:

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I would add 'the' before 'first time'.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Clear this letter doesn't mean anything in English. Did you mean "Please correct this letter"?

Status
Not open for further replies.