Whenever I perform the exercises that have been given by doctors I have to spread a

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Whenever I perform the exercises that have been given by doctors I have to spread a bed sheet on the floor to lie down on my back on it. Today I couldn't get a bed sheet so I used another piece of cloth that was shorter. My legs were out of the it. Today I realised that the cloth should come up to my feet or it should be head to toe long.

Please check my sentences.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
When you do the exercises your doctor told you to do, you are supposed to lie on a bedsheet on the floor. When you had no sheet today, you used another piece of cloth. It was too short. You need(ed) to find a longer piece.

End of story.

My legs were out of the it. Today I realised that the cloth should come up to my feet or it should be head to toe long. Are these sentences totally wrong and unnatural?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My legs were out of the it. Today I realised that the cloth should come up to my feet or it should be head to toe long. Are these sentences totally wrong and unnatural?

What's your guess?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Good guess!

You might have noticed that I agree with Piscean's corrections. For starters, he's right. Also, I would have said the same thing. (Or something very close.)

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Good guess!

You might have noticed that I agree with Piscean's corrections. For starters, he's right. Also, I would have said the same thing. (Or something very close.)

Can I say "My legs as well needed to be on that piece of cloth to perform those exercises correctly"?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
No. Why do you persist in trying t find convoluted ways of saying what you can say simply - or not at all? Do your tootsies/calves/thighs/whatever really need to be on a bit of cloth for you to be able to perform some exercises? Does the cloth have some magical properties?

No, if my feet are not on the piece of cloth then it becomes difficult to perform a few of those exercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.