Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Today I've written a new article. please review it and tell me your opinion.

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material

possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem
important.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Since time immemorial, people have always been concerned with being socially accepted, something that we developed over the years to satisfy our vital need for safety and love. The standards of social acceptance has always varied according to the different cultures, religions, and traditions.
Nowadays, and like any other era of the history, we seem to be impressed by what we consider the greatest scientific and cultural progress of all times, an impression that was directly reflected on every aspect of our life, From the way we think to the way we cut our hair, adding into consideration the revolutionary technological advance and the new channels of social media, this meant a drastic change of the standards of social acceptance among us.
In my opinion, life in the past was more difficult but it was simpler with a lot less pretenses. Finding love and making friends was something that required sincerity and real values In order to gain peoples love and trust. Also, lavish life style wasn’t that common back then, people didn’t really care what brand of shoes you’re wearing or how much you make. On the other hand, life nowadays became much easier than before, but we made it so complicated by putting so many rules and building so many expectations, the thing that left most of us feeling insecure and completely unhappy.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Today I've written a new article. please review it and tell me your opinion.

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material

possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem
important.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Since time immemorial, people have always been concerned with being socially accepted, something that we developed over the years to satisfy our vital needs for safety and love. The standards of social acceptance have always varied according to the different cultures, religions, and traditions.
Nowadays, and like any other era of history, we seem to be impressed by what we consider the greatest scientific and cultural progress of all times, an impression that was directly reflected in every aspect of our lives, From the way we think to the way we cut our hair, adding into consideration the revolutionary technological advances and the new channels of social media, this has meant a drastic change of the standards of social acceptance among us.
In my opinion, life in the past was more difficult but it was simpler with a lot less pretense Finding love and making friends was something that required sincerity and real values In order to gain peoples' love and trust. Also, a lavish life style wasn’t that common back then. People didn’t really care what brand of shoes you were wearing or how much you made. On the other hand, life nowadays has become much easier than before, but we make it complicated by creating so many rules and building so many expectations, and that has left most of us feeling insecure and completely unhappy.

:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2