Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello guys, I've written a new article and I'm ready to take notes. Thanks in advance.

Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere.
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Governmental spending has always been a controversial subject, many people believe that when it comes to prioritizing the spending sources, the government somehow fails to do it according to what is really important like housing and education and what isn’t. One of the popular issues related to this subject is how much money spent on the arts, in my opinion the budget allocated for arts is just too big. I’m not trivializing the role of the art, I believe it’s the title of our human civilization and creativity. But, on the other hand, in this competitive and hectic world we live in, we have much bigger issues to deal with. Nowadays the levels of poverty, unemployment, and homelessness are shockingly high and increasing every day. And as I mentioned, the arts play a symbolic role of addressing and preserving our civilization for the generations to come, but without giving enough time, money and effort to solve our critical issues and make sure that everyone gets a fair opportunity in life, there won’t be much of a civilization to be preserved.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello guys, I've written a new article and I'm ready to take notes. Thanks in advance.

Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere.
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Government spending has always been a controversial subject, and many people believe that when it comes to prioritizing spending, the government somehow fails to do it right.

Please note changes.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next sentence(s). Perhaps:

One of the controversial issues on this subject is how much should be spent on the arts. In my opinion the amount spent on the arts is too high.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next sentence. Say:

I am not trivializing the role of the arts.

I don't understand the rest of that one.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I’m not trivializing the role of the art, I believe it’s the title of our human civilization and creativity. But, on the other hand, in this competitive and hectic world we live in, we have much bigger issues to deal with

In that sentence, I was trying to say that I understand how important the art is for our civilization, but the government needs to direct its financial resources into the more critical issues like, unemployment.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"The title of our human civilization" seems to be a brand new phrase. As such it is not going mean anything to anybody.

Perhaps:

Government can't do everything and shouldn't try.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Art plays an important role in our culture. But if has to be secondary to fulfilling basic needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.