• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Human beings

Hello, Could you please correct the following draft in terms of grammar, sentence structures to enable me not to repeat such mistakes.

1. Human beings are borne for a certain period of time and a time comes when they die, seemingly for some reason. Between this period of life and death they love, hate, fight, befriend and look after one another.

2. They feel jealousy or envy with one another for not having what others have.

3. They have the sentiments of pride for others who have excelled in some field.

4. They kill one another in spur of anger they save/protect one another out of love, sympathy or perhaps of the basic instinct.

5. They sacrifice their lives for the sake of their tribe, territory or country.

6. They snatch the right of living from others to show their power and strength.

7. Their wisdom, intellect and power of understanding separate them from animals who have no such qualities since the animals live just for the sake of living, that is, killing and eating for their survival.

8. To sum up we can conclude that our sentiments, emotions and behavior we, the human beings, are a kind of enigma, impossible to comprehend.

Hatim Hussain

emsr2d2 is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Human beings

Quote Originally Posted by hatimhussain View Post
    1. Human beings are borne for a certain period of time and a time comes when they die, seemingly for some reason. Between this period of life and death they love, hate, fight, befriend and look after one another.
    1. Human beings aren't "born" (note the correct spelling) for a certain period of time. They are born just once. They live for a certain period of time.
    2. Of course people die "for some reason". It's not "seemingly for some reason". It actually is for a reason, whatever that cause of death might be.
    3. "Between their birth and death ..." works in the second sentence. There is no time that can be described as "between this period of life and death".

The rest is OK. Please try to rewrite the rest of it taking my comments into account.

Please post each of your other sentences separately (one sentence per thread) or this thread will get very confusing.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

hatimhussain is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Thank you emsr2d2,

I appreciate your paying heed towards my draft and correcting it. You have asked me to post each sentence separately- Please explain for my understanding that don't you think that posting new thread for each sentence of the same draft will hamper the continuity and context of the draft?

Hatim Hussain

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Human beings aren't "born" (note the correct spelling) for a certain period of time.

Well, they're born by the mother for nine months before they're born.

Sorry, I'm just being mischievous.