• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

fiction/non-fiction writing (part one)

Hello, Could you please check my draft in terms of grammar specially of pronouns. I have repeatedly used he/she in my draft which seems incorrect to me; I therefore will be much obliged if I am guided in this respect.

Writing something on any topic requires a writer to have ample knowledge of the topic he/she is writing about. Equally, he/she should be fully conversant with grammar and vocabulary. Faulty sentences rife with errors in tenses and inappropriate use of vocabulary will immediately make readers fed up and compel him/her to leave reading.

Writing can be categorized into two main parts i.e. fiction and non-fiction. Fiction writing includes unreal, imaginary writing whereas nonfiction involves real, factual writing based on facts and real events. Fiction writing may involve genres like horror, suspense, thrill, mystery to name a few; whereas non-fiction writing contains genres like essays, memoirs, biographies, and journalism. Scientific, technical and economic writings are also some of the topics of non fiction writing.

Hatim Hussain

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: fiction/non-fiction writing (part one)

You can replace every "he/she" with "they" and then change the following verb form to the third person plural. It's a common usage to avoid the awkward "he/she" problem.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

hatimhussain is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

dear emsr2d2
    Thank you very much for precious advice. Could you please have another look into my draft and let me know if my draft is correct in terms of grammar and sentence structure. May it be in very few words please.

Hatim Hussain

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by hatimhussain View Post
    Dear emsr2d2 Unnecessary. You're not writing a formal letter.

Thank you very much for your precious advice. Could you please have another look into at my draft and let me know if my draft it is correct in terms of grammar and sentence structure?

May it be in very few words please. We will take as many words as necessary to make everything clear.

Hatim Hussain Unnecessary. We can see your username on every post.
    See above. I'll have a look at the rest of your draft when I have time.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by hatimhussain View Post
    Hello. Could you please check my draft in terms of grammar, especially of the pronouns? I have repeatedly used "he/she" in my draft which seems incorrect to me; I therefore will would be much obliged if I am guided you would guide me in this respect.

Writing something on any topic requires a writer to have ample knowledge of the topic he/she is they are writing about. Equally, he/she they should be fully conversant with grammar and vocabulary. Faulty sentences, rife with tense errors in tenses and inappropriate use of vocabulary, will immediately make annoy readers fed up and compel him/her them to leave stop reading.

Writing can be categorized divided/split into two main parts ​categories i.e. - fiction and non-fiction. Fiction writing includes unreal, imaginary writing whereas non-fiction involves is real, factual writing based on facts and real events. Fiction writing may involve includes genres like horror, suspense, thrillers and mystery, to name but a few. whereas Non-fiction writing contains includes genres like essays, memoirs, biographies, and journalism. Scientific, technical and economic writings pieces are also some of the topics examples of non-fiction. writing.

Hatim Hussain Unnecessary.
    See above.