Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi lovely people, I want to kindly ask you to proofread my motivation letter and help me correct and rephrase incorrectly written sentences. I am also looking to cut it into 300 words, it would be much appreciated if you could give me advice on the cutting. Thank you in advance.

------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply to your Master program in Finance. Since I started working for a PE firm, I found out that this is the industry I want to be in and set my career goal to co-found a social PE company. I have made a lot of preparation for it and I believe that, with a Master's degree from UvA, I can achieve a higher success.

I remember when I first learned about the PE industry through an alumni forum, I was interested because I would love to take a part in various emerging businesses. I, therefore, undertook an internship in a top PE firm, where I found myself very enjoyable learning to play the ‘detective game’ of due diligence and exploring the art of building valuation models. But the “This is what I want to do with my career!” moment happened when I found out that many innovative start-ups that are now bringing revolutionary changes to our society are funded and managed by my firm. I have always been looking to have a career that improves people's lives while having good profitability, and the PE industry caters my appetite just perfectly. So, I was inspired to make a long-term plan: to co-found a PE company that contributes to the society by investing in firms with a social mission and guiding them towards success. To achieve that plan, I expect to work as an analyst in a PE investment company after completing the graduate program so as to get experience and extended my social network.

I believe the MSc Finance program of UvA is perfect for me to study financial knowledge in a more in-depth and systematic way before realising my dream. I am particularly interested in the courses Advanced Corporate Finance and Valuation because I have found them essential for me to flexibly navigate financial scenarios at work. Besides, the curriculum is quite parallel to my ambitions as I want to improve myself in interpreting financial statements, corporate governance and financial modelling. More exciting, UvA offers an international learning environment where I can gain the advantage to learn to cooperate with people from different backgrounds.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Private equity

Say:

I am writing to apply for admission to your master's program in finance.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Private equity

Perhaps:

I have always been looking forward to having a career that improves people's lives while making money doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.