• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Re: Record missing in "my thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Your data stored on the site will not be erased- the site will still remember all your posts because they are stored in our database.
    Thank you Tdol.
    I am also worried about the record in whatsapp and memo.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I did a restore and didn't lose any data. (I have Android too.)

3. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    I did a restore and didn't lose any data. (I have Android too.)
    What do you mean of "restore" here?

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    What do you mean by "restore" here?
    Smartphones are microcomputers. When you do a restore on one of them it's the same as doing a restore on a desktop computer. (If you don't know what a restore is, you can look it up or GS will explain it. )

5. Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    Will it delete the records of whatsapp, photos, memo and others?
    Hi, clearing your browser cache will not delete any of your saved photos or data from other applications.

When you visit a web page your browser temporarily saves some of the data it needs onto your device. This is so that that it only needs to load that data from your phone instead of having to load it again from the website the next time you visit. This is usually much faster and provides a much better user experience.

Sometimes that cache of saved data can get corrupted and this can cause various issues. Clearing your cache can sometimes fix problems like the one you are having because your phone might have a corrupt cache.

When you clear your cache, only that temporary data is deleted. The only difference you might see is a slight slowness when accessing web pages again for the first time before your browser creates a fresh version of the cache.

There are other types of data that your browser stores on your phone such as cookies. It is not necessary for your to delete your cookies when you delete your browser cache, so make sure you only select the browser cache option when asked.

(Just for your reference, cookies are small files that save things like site settings and your saved passwords etc to your device. If you delete these cookies you might delete your saved passwords, so make sure you know the passwords of all of your websites before deleting cookies).

Here are some simple instructions on how to clear your browser cache: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN14733.html
    I'm not a teacher, so please consider any advice I give in that context.

6. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
    Hi, clearing your browser cache will not delete any of your saved photos or data from other applications.

When you visit a web page your browser temporarily saves some of the data it needs onto your device. This is so that that it only needs to load that data from your phone instead of having to load it again from the website the next time you visit. This is usually much faster and provides a much better user experience.

Sometimes that cache of saved data can get corrupted and this can cause various issues. Clearing your cache can sometimes fix problems like the one you are having because your phone might have a corrupt cache.

When you clear your cache, only that temporary data is deleted. The only difference you might see is a slight slowness when accessing web pages again for the first time before your browser creates a fresh version of the cache.

There are other types of data that your browser stores on your phone such as cookies. It is not necessary for your to delete your cookies when you delete your browser cache, so make sure you only select the browser cache option when asked.

(Just for your reference, cookies are small files that save things like site settings and your saved passwords etc to your device. If you delete these cookies you might delete your saved passwords, so make sure you know the passwords of all of your websites before deleting cookies).

Here are some simple instructions on how to clear your browser cache: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN14733.html
    Thank you very much for the detailed explanations.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3