Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help to correct a part of a study in my writing. Thanks

As part of initial study for this project, I undertook a review of the overall electricity consumption of the building. There were three main types of electricity consumer including Direct Current (DC) power system (IT equipment load), lighting and Mechanical Ventilation Air Conditioning (MVAC) system. The electricity use was dominated by DC load and MVAC load, on average accounting for 51.62% and 47.31% respectively. There was room to increase the energy efficiency and reduce the operating cost of the building by improving the performance of the equipment in the air conditioning system.

As revealed by an in-depth study, I identified that the annual numbers of cooling degree-days (CDD), based on ASHRAE which defines CDD as the annual total of the differences between a reference temperature of 15.5oC, decreased 2% in Hong Kong comparing 3323 CDD and 3242 CDD in 2009 and 2010 respectively. Conversely, the total electricity use increased by 2.49 % from 2009 to 2010. It represented that the total energy consumption rose gradually due to increasing of IT equipment load.

The power performance showed that the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and Data Center infrastructure Efficiency (DCiE) were 1.94 & 51.62% respectively for the JBY building and it was defined as average efficiency level.

Based on my studies and surveys, I finally prepared an action plan for the energy savings and estimated to reduce the overall electricity consumption by 1.04% via operating the air conditioning system in a more efficient way.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Let's look at the last paragraph first. Say:

Based on my studies and surveys, I prepared a plan for energy savings, and I estimate that it will reduce overall electricity use by 1.04% by operating the air conditioning system in a more efficient way.

Status
Not open for further replies.