Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Hi all,

Hope you are well.

I'm a full time english teacher in Mexico City and I have just started working on an educational platform for teachers. Now, before I go all in on it, I wanted make sure that other teachers would find it useful and would use it. So imagine this:

A platform where you input a grade for each student per class, a grade out of 10 for the Speaking, Listening , Writing, Reading, Vocabulary plus a grade for any covered grammar topic. The idea is that inputing these grades would take 10-15 minutes per week (based on how many students you have).
Then, you click prepare next class, and the website would tell in a couple seconds what topics you should focus on in your next class along with the relevant material and worksheets to do so, should you want them. The objective is to drastically diminsh class preparation time.

So my question simple, if such a website existed, would you use it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I'm a full-time English teacher in Mexico City and I have just started working on an educational platform for teachers. Now, before I go all in on it, I wanted to make sure that other teachers would find it useful and would use it. So imagine this:

A platform where you input a grade for each student per class - a grade out of 10 for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] speaking, listening, writing, reading, and vocabulary, plus a grade for any covered grammar topic. The idea is that inputing these grades would take 10-15 minutes per week ([STRIKE]based[/STRIKE] depending on how many students you have).
Then (no comma here) you click "Prepare next class" (no comma here) and the website would tell you in a couple of seconds what topics you should focus on in your next class along with the relevant material and worksheets, [STRIKE]to do so,[/STRIKE] should you want them. The objective is to drastically [STRIKE]diminish[/STRIKE] reduce class preparation time.

So my question is simple - if such a website existed, would you use it?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

It sounds like an interesting idea. I probably wouldn't use it but that's only because I don't have many students and we do almost nothing but conversational English these days. I keep records of our classes on my laptop and it takes me a lot less than 10-15 minutes a week. I'm sure other teachers with a larger clientele will also comment.

Please note my corrections above. Bear in mind that learners on this site will assume that everything you write is correct because your member profile shows that you are an English teacher.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How does the platform cover for differences in ability within a class?

Status
Not open for further replies.