Can somebody tell me where to read American short stories for free online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aamir Tariq

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Can somebody tell me where to read American short stories online? I used to go to American Center Library in Peshawar, Pakistan back in 90's where I could read tons of books of my interest. But the library was closed due to security concerns. Now, even after the situation improved and came back to normal, they never reopened the library.

There was a book titled "American short stories" which I used to borrow and read. It helped me acquaint myself to how Americans converse in their normal daily life. Now even if there is no American Center Library any more in my city but the hunger to learn is still there. I hope the Trump Administration reopens the libraries where they were closed, which I think is very unlikely.

Can somebody tell me where to find American short stories on the web? Does anyone knows of any website where we can read them for free? Or perhaps download them? I heard Google scanned and uploaded hundreds of thousands of books, I hope they might have included American short stories as well. So if anyone of you knows any such website, kindly let me know the link. I really miss those days when we had access to American literature and books published in the USA in my own city.

Regards,
Aamir the Global Citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.