Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
hi this is a reference letter I would like to correct
Saly is an extraordinary young woman. As her Advanced programming teacher, I have seen many examples of her talent and have long been impressed by her diligence and work ethic. I understand that Saly is applying to the Image Processing and Computer Vision program.I would like to recommend her for the program.

Saly has demonstrated outstanding abilities to understand quickly new and complex concepts. Full of energy, she is a highly motivated and an engaged student, she is always on time and never misses a class, she loves to share knowledge with her class mates and never let a question pass by without asking it. Having her as a student has been a great pleasure for me as I could see her performance go better and better, and this is because she was able to take constructive feedback and use it for her advantage.
To conclude, I would like to restate my strong recommendation for Saly. If you have any further questions regarding Saly's ability or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information on this letterhead.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, this is a reference letter I would like[STRIKE] to correct[/STRIKE] checked/corrected.

Saly is an extraordinary young woman. As her advanced programming teacher, I have seen [STRIKE]many examples of[/STRIKE] her talent being demonstrated and have long been impressed by her diligence and work ethic. I understand that Saly is applying to the Image Processing and Computer Vision program (what institution and for what purpose?). I would like to recommend her for the program.

Saly has demonstrated outstanding abilities to understand quickly new and complex concepts. Full of energy, she is a highly motivated and an engaged (active?)_student. She is always on time and never misses a class. She loves to share her knowledge with her classmates and never let a question pass [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] without asking(answering?) it. Having her as a student has been a great pleasure for me as I could see her performance[STRIKE] go better and better[/STRIKE] continuously improve, and this [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] could be because she was able to take constructive feedback and use it for her advantage.

To conclude, I would like to [STRIKE]restate [/STRIKE] reaffirm my strong recommendation for Saly. If you have any further questions regarding Saly's ability or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information on this letterhead.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. This is a reference letter I would like someone to correct.

Sally is an extraordinary young woman. As her Advanced Programming teacher, I have seen many examples of her talent and have long been impressed by her diligence and work ethic. I understand that Sally is applying to the Image Processing and Computer Vision program. I would like to recommend her for the program.

Sally has demonstrated an outstanding [STRIKE]abilities[/STRIKE] ability to [STRIKE]understand[/STRIKE] quickly understand new and complex concepts. Full of energy, she is a highly motivated and [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] engaged student, she is always on time and never misses a class. She loves to share knowledge with her classmates and never lets a question pass by without asking it. Having her as a student has been a great pleasure for me as I could see her performance [STRIKE]go[/STRIKE] get better and better. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] This is because she was able to take constructive feedback and use it [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to her advantage.
To conclude, I would like to restate my strong recommendation for Sally. If you have any further questions regarding [STRIKE]Saly's[/STRIKE] her ability or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information on this letterhead.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

See above. I have changed "Saly" to "Sally" throughout because "Saly" is not a name in English. However, if that really is the person's name, then of course you should spell it the way you did.

(Cross-posted with tedmc)

Last edited:

Celia02

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thank you so much emsr2d2, you are a life saver !

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much emsr2d2; you are a lifesaver!

You're welcome. Note that tedmc also corrected your letter. Also note that, in future, there is no need to write a post to say "Thank you" to anyone. There is a "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner of every response. Simply click on that to indicate your gratitude.

bubbha

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Taiwan
In American English, at least, we don't generally refer to someone who teaches at a college or university as a "teacher." If the writer teaches at a university, use "professor" or "instructor" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.