Interested in Language
Native Language
Assamese
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi:

I am working as head of Credit Risk in a bank. One of our clients has sent me a lovely new year calendar and i want to thank him by writing a brief letter of thanks but i am struggling to write this letter.

Appreciate your urgent help / ideas /suggestion in the matter.

Regards

Polmoso

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Post what you want to see here and people will comment on it.

polmoso

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Assamese
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
i have drafted the following contents for the letter but it looks quite basic and more like an email reply, Appreciate if someone can help me to make it a bit formal.

====================
Dear Akash:

Thank you for the beautiful calendar. The calendar is not only aesthetically pleasing, but there is a beautiful concept behind it as well.

We hope that this New Year further strengthens the bond of mutual trust and respect that we have for one another.

Thanking you once again and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Regards

================

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
i have drafted the following contents for the letter but it looks quite basic and more like an email reply, Appreciate if someone can help me to make it a bit formal.

====================
Dear Akash:

Thank you for the beautiful calendar. The calendar is not only aesthetically pleasing, but there is a beautiful concept behind it as well.

We hope that this New Year further strengthens the bond of mutual trust and respect that we have for one another.

Thanking you once again and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Regards

================

This is OK. For me, it is culturally a bit excessive- we wouldn't be so grateful for a calendar, but what you have written is fine. I think it is already formal.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.

I am working as the head of Credit Risk in a bank. One of our clients has sent me a lovely New Year calendar and I want to thank him by writing a brief letter of thanks but I am struggling to write this letter.

I would appreciate your urgent help/ideas/suggestion​s. [STRIKE]in the matter.[/STRIKE]

Regards.

Polmoso

I have drafted the following [STRIKE]contents for the[/STRIKE] letter but it looks quite basic and more like an email reply. I would appreciate it if someone [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] could help me to make it a bit formal.

Note my corrections above.

Status
Not open for further replies.