• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

checking a motivation letter plz

Hi everyone I want to check a motivation letter I wrote for an erasmus mundus program. Thanks a lot for helping :)

I am a student from frence, I have accomplished a bachelor degree in computer science last year, Now I am enrolled in the same university for a master degree in artificial intelligence.

Since high school, I have always been fascinated about computer science and had the eager to learn as long and as much as I could. Just after obtaining my baccalaureate degree I started an onlAlgeriaine courses about software development and I spent months learning about softwares alongside my university program, it was hard to do both. However, I was able to succeed and I was offered a job position very quickly. Then after thinking deeply about it, I declined it and accepted an internship instead, because I realized that I wanted to invest more in my knowledge and build a stronger background in the academic world.

I had always though that knowledge is what makes us better, effective and allow us to achieve our goals, my studies in artificial intelligence made me sure about it. So I want to be in the right university that can provide a stable environment to evolve. Unfortunately it not the case in my current university that goes on limitless strike.

The reason why I choose the erasmus mundus program it's because it's a great opportunity to study in different universities with different scientific landscapes. More importantly it will allow me to finance the studies I dream about, in different words it will simply realize one of my dreams which is very hard to achieve.

I hope I will be able to achieve my goal and be part of the erasmus mundus community.

VIP Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: checking a motivation letter plz

Your letter says you're from France (I think), but your profile says you're from Algeria. Which is it?

Comments on your letter:

Capitalize names of people, places, and organizations. Separate sentences by using full stops, not commas.
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

The country I wrote down doesn't mutter ! I just want to check my English.
    Last edited by Celia02; 25-Dec-2017 at 20:32.

4. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

Can someone help me please ?

5. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Celia02 View Post
    The country I wrote down doesn't mutter matter ! I just want to check my English.
    Yes, it matters because the teachers want members to be truthful about their background and to post in proper English, which, I think, is not asking too much.

You have said that you want to do the checking yourself. So we will leave you to it.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.