Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Netherlands
Hello, may I ask your help to check my motivation for the bachelor degree in computer science at one of the university in Asia. They ask about these things: Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at XX University.

Dear Ms.
XX,

I am writing this letter to deliver my interest and motivation to study Computer Science bachelor program starting in September 2018 at XX University.

In May 2017, I have finished my high school study at XX High School in Semarang, Indonesia and got my diploma. My school is focused on sciences subjects. I studied hard, tried to understand every subject and prepared myself for college. They were all worth it, I got my diploma with a good score which I am really proud of. Moreover, from August 2017 until July 2018, I am studying my first year of Information, Communication, and Technology in XX University. My specific major is Software Engineering. I have learned to make a code and program from the beginning, not just in practical way but also theoretical way. There are several reasons why I choose Computer Science as my major. The reasons are it is related to my favorite subject and it makes me more creative as a person.

First is it is related to my favorite subject. As a student, I am really fascinated by Mathematics. I have already loved this subject since I was in elementary school. Mathematics is everywhere in our life and it brings me to something marvelous called technology. Luckily, in my 12 years of study, I have already introduced to use a computer from the scratch. It makes me want to study more about the computer, to be able to understand about it. To achieve my need, which is to study more about the computer, it needs medium or tool to learn. When I was in grade 12 in high school, I made a decision confidently to take computer as my major in college. Because it is my passion and I always curious when studying it.

Second, study computer makes me more creative because when I make a code I need to find the correct way to run it correctly, which means making my own way of code. Every programming has their own unique way to make a program run correctly. Not just programming that makes study computer creative. It is also when I need to make a website, I need to be creative to make the website more appealing.

Furthermore, I am applying to XX University because it has always been my dream to study there. I love the ambiance of the country and the Computer Science major also has a very good reputation. I want to deepen my understanding of computer by studying at XX University. XX University provides the medium and tool that I needed. Combining the skills I have, I decided to choose to apply here because XX University provides theory and practical in a balanced way.

With my strong academic background, I am confident that I am qualified and able to perform well in your study program. Thank you so much for considering my application. I am really looking forward to a positive reply from you and studying at XX University!

Yours truly,

Putri

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE] I'm asking for your help to check my motivation letter for the bachelor's degree in computer science at [STRIKE]one of the [/STRIKE] a university in Asia. They ask about these things: Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research background, and prospective study at XX University.

Dear Ms.
XX,

I am writing this letter to [STRIKE]deliver[/STRIKE] express my interest and motivation to [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] enrol in the Computer Science bachelor's program starting in September 2018, at XX University.

In May 2017, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] finished my high school study at XX High School in Semarang, Indonesia and got my diploma. My school is focused on science subjects. I studied hard, tried to understand every subject and prepared myself for college. [STRIKE]They were[/STRIKE] It was all worth it, as I got my diploma with a good score which I am really proud of. Moreover, from August 2017 until July 2018, I am studying in my first year of Information, Communication, and Technology in XX University. My specific major is Software Engineering. I have learned to [STRIKE]make a[/STRIKE] code and program from the beginning, not just in practice [STRIKE]practical way[/STRIKE] but also the theory. [STRIKE]etical way.[/STRIKE] There are several reasons why I have chosen [STRIKE]choose[/STRIKE] Computer Science as my major. [STRIKE]The reasons are[/STRIKE] It is [STRIKE]related to[/STRIKE] my favorite subject, and it makes me more creative as a person.

[STRIKE]First is it is related to my favorite subject.[/STRIKE] As a student, I am really fascinated by mathematics. I have [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] loved this subject since I was in elementary school. Mathematics is everywhere in our life, and it [STRIKE]brings[/STRIKE] brought me to love something marvelous called information technology. [STRIKE]Luckily, in my 12 years of study, I have already introduced to use a computer from the scratch. It makes me want[/STRIKE] I wish to [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] learn more about [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] computers, and to be able to understand in detail what their potential in certain fields are. [STRIKE]about it. To achieve my need, which is to study more about the computer, it needs medium or tool to learn.[/STRIKE] Thus, when I was in grade 12 in high school, I made a decision confidently to take computers as my major in college. [STRIKE]Because it is my passion and I always curious when studying it.[/STRIKE]

Second, studying computer science makes me more creative because when I [STRIKE]make a[/STRIKE] write code, I need to find the [STRIKE]correct[/STRIKE] appropriate way to run it correctly, which means making my own way of coding. Every [STRIKE]programming[/STRIKE] programmer has their own unique way [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] of making a program run correctly. [STRIKE]Not just programming that makes study computer creative. It is[/STRIKE] I have also found that when I need to make a website, I need to be creative to make the website more appealing.

[STRIKE]Furthermore,[/STRIKE] I am applying to XX University because it has always been my dream to study there. I love the ambiance of the country and the Computer Science major also has a very good reputation. I want to deepen my understanding of computers by studying at XX University, [STRIKE]XX University[/STRIKE] as I believe that would provide me with a unique opportunity to acquire the necessary qualifications and professional skills as well as improve my career prospects. [STRIKE]the medium and tool that I needed. Combining the skills I have, I decided to choose to apply here because[/STRIKE] Moreover, I chose the program at XX University [STRIKE]provides[/STRIKE] because of its ideal balance between theory and practical application. [STRIKE]in a balanced way.[/STRIKE]

With my strong academic background, I am confident that I am qualified and will able to perform well in your study program. Thank you so much for considering my application. I am really looking forward to a positive reply from you and to studying at XX University!

Yours truly,

Putri
Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.